Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Excellent fix. My 700 has been less sluggish and my battery is not draining as quickly as before. Thank you.
    This fixed appeared to have worked for a few days. It definitely improved battery life. However, my phone just started up again with waking up/freezing, forcing me to soft reset. One common factor here, it tends to lock only when I'm in an area with poor reception. Has anybody had something similar occur? At the moment, I have set delivery preferences on an IMAP account to check for mail every half hour and every 60 for my POP acct. I don't have any 3rd party apps on at the moment. Please let me know if anybody has any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
    I discovered this week while traveling out of state, in my case anyway, the cause of my lockups is most definitely the Wireless Synch software. I turned it off while traveling and haven't had a lockup since. I did activate it yesterday to update my calendar and forgot to turn it off....within 10 minutes it had frozen up. After disabling it again, smooth sailing once again.

I definitely think it is an issue either directly caused by Wireless Synch or a combination of wireless Synch and poor/lost reception.

axiously awaiting a patch by Verizon &/or Intellisynch!!!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Thanks gfunkmagic.

That seemed to fix my issue also.
    Anyone notice problems with pdanet after doing this? I had installed and used pdanet a couple of times for long connection sessions without a probem. I implemented this which did seem to fix the lockup issue. However, now pdanet drops every time after only being connected for ~10 seconds. I get a "Netwrok Connection Lost" message. It logs in just fine and if I quickly navigate in my browser, it will start loading a page but then ceases when the connection is lost of course. Even if I do nothing at, the connection drops within 10 seconds or less.

Anyone else come across this?

Jwff
    I have tried this soution to fix Active Sync from locking up my Treo, can't wait to see if I have to reset it in the morning.

I am also having a problem with PdaNet not holding a connection for more than 1min or so, but it has always been a problem for me. I just can't seem to get the connection to stick. Even with 60% or more signal stregnth. Very Annoying. Any ideas? I will see if this new Sync Fix solves anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by rgbyhkr
    Anyone notice problems with pdanet after doing this? I had installed and used pdanet a couple of times for long connection sessions without a probem. I implemented this which did seem to fix the lockup issue. However, now pdanet drops every time after only being connected for ~10 seconds. I get a "Netwrok Connection Lost" message. It logs in just fine and if I quickly navigate in my browser, it will start loading a page but then ceases when the connection is lost of course. Even if I do nothing at, the connection drops within 10 seconds or less.

Anyone else come across this?

Jwff
    I think I solved my own problem. Like others suggested, I made sure to let ActiveSync go through its paces when first connecting the Treo to my PC. Only then (after AS is done looking for changes and synching) do I connect with PDAnet. Works fine now.

Jeff
    When I want to use PDAnet quickly on my laptop, I go into ActiveSync Tools-Options and uncheck all the items to Sync. The next time, looking for changes is very short because it isn't looking to sync anything.
    Russ
    Thanks for posting this solution. It has stopped my problem. However, ever since I did this, I haven't been able to ActiveSync with my USB. Is anyone else having this problem?
    I did the activesync fix and STILL get the freezes also. I am pretty sure it is because of the wireless network connection. If you use wireless sync or modified the "always on" value in the registry, when your signal drops and the EV/1x disconnects, it then tries to re-connect. DURING THIS TIME is when the device becomes unstable. If someone calls you during the re-connect phase, the phone freezes. Sometimes my phone will ring and I cant pick it up also. Then when I look on top, I see the network status change and my phone is running again. I always wait tho, I dont have to reset anymore. BTW- u dont necessarily have to LOSE service for a short time. If your signal goes very low on the EV-DO network and it reverts back to 1x, when ur signal increases again it tries to connect back to EVDO. During either of these times you can get the same problems. In my job, my signal isn't too great, and I get this ALL THE TIME. Big pain in the ****!

Let me know if any of you see the same issues...
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Since doing this fix over a month ago, I have not had power issues, or problems with the phone locking up.

This was an excellent find!
    Littlepat, I found the same thing. I think the network connection/signal strength has everything to do w/ the freeze ups. I found that by leaving Wireless Synch on but unchecking the "Enable Push" and checking "Enable Readysynch" solves the problem. Now, granted, it a manual synch rather than "always on", but if it solves the lockup issue it's worth it. Mine has been perfectly stable since....

Also of interest, I found that if the Wireless Synch is not running in the background, any changes you make (in my case to my calendar entries) will NOT be updated even if you turn Wireless Synch back on and perform a Synch after making/editing and entry.
    This fix worked perfectly. My Treo was shutting off without turning on once or twice a day. I exchanged it with Verizon for a new one that had the same problem. Following these steps fixed it -- more than one week of running and no problems.

If the Verizon tech had told me this it would have saved them the expense of shipping out a new device.
    Quote Originally Posted by finadvsr
    Littlepat, I found the same thing. I think the network connection/signal strength has everything to do w/ the freeze ups. I found that by leaving Wireless Synch on but unchecking the "Enable Push" and checking "Enable Readysynch" solves the problem. Now, granted, it a manual synch rather than "always on", but if it solves the lockup issue it's worth it. Mine has been perfectly stable since....

Also of interest, I found that if the Wireless Synch is not running in the background, any changes you make (in my case to my calendar entries) will NOT be updated even if you turn Wireless Synch back on and perform a Synch after making/editing and entry.
    I would have no problem trying that, and I will to see if I get the same results, but I love my push mail. Any way to change the setting (in the push/readysync settings menu) to SMS PUSH instead of NETWORK PUSH? It's an option but I can't select it, I think thats a happy medium between the 2....
    Folks, I agree on the "weak signal strength" issue. I noticed that whenever my system locks up during an email sync it's when signal strength is zero.
    OK, since we can agree this is a serious problem with WM5, can something be done about this? Its probably a RAM issue (well, lack of at least) where the logging in uses a lot of memory and WM doesn't allocate enough to spare an incoming call as well. VERY big oversight IMO, and if i can't keep PUSH enabled on my device then there's no point spending 500 bucks on it. I guess the question I'm asing is whether this is a "wireless sync" or a "windows mobile" issue. I dont have an exchange server, or an OWA acct, so wireless sync is perfect for me. What a shame....
    it's a wireless synch issue, not a WM5 issue. I can live with the manual synching until Intellisynch &/or Verizon put out a patch/fix. For some reason, however, I still seem to get my e-mail pushed to me w/ the previously mentioned settings. I haven't noted how or when, but it may be that when there is an active data connection the wireless synch (readysynch) may run itself in the background.
    i really dont think its a wireless sync issue at all....i dont use WS therefore it isnt active and ive done that fix when i first got my treo after i was having the same issues and it worked...up untill two days ago when i woke up both mornings after a full charge and it happened again both times......so im doing it yet again..
    Def a network issue, if WM5 is trying to connect ot the network, and you get a phone call, enjoy the wait. Most times I can't answer it at all, thankfully I can check who called. Ridiculous IMO
    If it was smart it would work. How frustrating. I had a 650 and changed to the 700 because I use MS Office/Outlook and I thought it would be easier than converting MS files under additional software. My 650 never gave me a system problem, not to mention the fact that you don't have to tap through 2 or 3 drop down bars or icons to get where you want to go with Palm software. Alas, I thought in the end the 700 would give me better Office/Outlook/Email compatibility.

My 700 has "frozen" at least a dozen times (won't power back on from sleep mode). A soft reset powers it up, but who wants to do a soft reset 2 or 3 times a week. Wireless sync is not even loaded on my 700. I have just completed the "Axim" fix and unchecked the Today screen "timeout" box. I will have to see what happens. Of interest I did have a SD/MMC card plugged in that I had been using in my 650. I had not formatted it for MS, but I did so last night. The only reason I mention this is because it seemed as though the phone would lock up after I accessed the info on my card. It is probably just a coincidence, because it doesn't always correlate. I wonder if it has more to do with how many programs are running in the background. Maybe once the active memory reaches a certain usage level it can't process any more commands...i.e., the command that tells the phone to power back up from "sleep mode".

Da^n you Bill Gates you had to go and screw up a great phone.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast