Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i tried this and it has worked flawlessly so far...highly recommended. No more dialing #777! =)

do a search over at pdaphonehome.com in the 6700 forum but here is what i remember:

registry-
    localmachine\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\7C4B7A38*\Connections\Broadband\Always On (change Always On Dword to "1")

*choose the number that has broadband as a sub folder
    Good one....post this in the Registry Hack thread so it does not get lost.
    Having the radio on all the time may be convinient, but it is going to kill the battery life. I know this because GOOD Link 4.7 effectively keeps the radio on... you are lucky to go 8 hours on a fully charged battery.

Doug
    Even the active sync grabbing email from my outlook web access account every 5 minutes rather than every 10 minutes caused considerable change in batter length.
    There are reports when in 1x mode, inbound calls go straight to voicemail, is this true? Also, what does this instruction refer to:

"*choose the number that has broadband as a sub folder"

What kind of battery are you getting?
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    I performed the hack yesterday. The weird thing is that the value returned to 0 for always on but my evdo stays connected at all times. Has this happened to anyone else. Also, I thought that if the evdo stays connected at all times but you are not using the evdo with any programs than you really shouldn't be wasting any extra battery? Is this true?
    All this hack does is maintain a dormant connection. It does not adversely affect the battery or send calls straight to voicemail.

It does not actively transmit any more data than would otherwise be used.

This is completely different than good or some other program pinging a server every x minutes- as a matter of fact if you have that type of pinging set up this hack will probably increase battery life.

I highly reccomend this hack as well.
    Last edited by Les Anderson; 01/15/2006 at 09:35 AM.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    OK..what registry editor are you all using?

Tried loading PHM Registry Editor but for some reason it would not install on my device. Anyone know the right CAB file (out of the 11 it comes with) to use so I can try a manual install?
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    resco regisrt editor. It cam bundled with resco explorer (awesome program)
    I use resco registry that came with resco file explorer. It is a GREAT app and works well with the treo.
    Thanks for looking out. I really like this hack, but I did realize that we are terribly spoiled by the speeds and the 6 second delay to get on the internet.
    Sprint Kyocera QCP 6035 -> T-Mobile Motorola V600 -> T-Mobile PocketPC -> T-Mobile HP6315 -> T-Mobile BlackBerry 7100t -> T-Mobile Treo 600 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> Verizon Treo 650 -> Treo700w -> Treo 700wx/Treo700p -> BlackBerry 8830
    I did the hack too but after the soft reset, it reverted back to 0. I waited over an hour before the soft reset and it still reverted. What else should I be doing?
  13.    #13  
    yes, it does seem to revert no matter what. some people say after the 5 min it will be permanently stored in ROM but alas...does not seem that way. Anytime i notice the big "EV" instead of the arrows i just go into resco registry and flip it back to 1... =)

annoying for now but at least no more #777!

glad you guys liked the hack
    This might have to do with the way wm5 stores data. Try toggeling the device on and off before you reset. On other wm5 devices it will stick.

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    The one thing that has me worried about an always on data connection is the problem I have encountered with my always on voice connection; namely, that incoming calls turn the phone on when it is in my pocket. Even if I do not answer the phone call, the incoming call leaves the pda on and inadvertently a game is started or some other software is run. My Treo 600 never by-passed the key lock when an incoming call came through like the 700w seems to be doing. So, rather than adding an always-on hack, I am trying to figure out how to manage incoming calls when the phone is in my pocket without turning the damn thing off (flight mode). Anyone encounter this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by likestech
    The one thing that has me worried about an always on data connection is the problem I have encountered with my always on voice connection; namely, that incoming calls turn the phone on when it is in my pocket. Even if I do not answer the phone call, the incoming call leaves the pda on and inadvertently a game is started or some other software is run. My Treo 600 never by-passed the key lock when an incoming call came through like the 700w seems to be doing. So, rather than adding an always-on hack, I am trying to figure out how to manage incoming calls when the phone is in my pocket without turning the damn thing off (flight mode). Anyone encounter this problem?
    So basically yor question has nothing to do with the always on hack, correct? Just want to be sure.

Try mort-saver phone edition or delta lock. Both are free screen lock apps that work with wm5. Mort Saver is very robust.
    Still hoping for a way to ensure this setting doesn't go away. I cannot get it to stick. Is there a way to modify permissions within the WM5 registry?
    Does it only revert after a reset?

If so, could very easily write a tiny program that updates this registry setting and put it in \windows\startup
    Ya, only reverts after reset. A startup fix would be awesome!
    Why not just click on:

The EV icon
    Settings
    Connections
    Manage my existing connections
    Click on and hold "Broadband Access"
    Select Connect.

Then disconnect by clicking on the EV icon and selecting disconnect whenever you're ready.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast