Quote Originally Posted by Treo 700w
    Why not just click on:

The EV icon
    Settings
    Connections
    Manage my existing connections
    Click on and hold "Broadband Access"
    Select Connect.

Then disconnect by clicking on the EV icon and selecting disconnect whenever you're ready.
    Naw. . . That's way too easy. You gotta hack the Registery to be cool!

Seriously, nice catch. Can you check your registry and see if this the same thing?
    lol simply connecting manual withouth reg hack is just as efficient. good post above
    Seems we desperately need a "scripting" language on WM5 so we can script in these reg hacks to basically "startup" each time the phone is soft reset. Does such an animal exist?
    Folks,

"Always On" on a CDMA network does not drain battery life, it just maintains the IP connection. If the connection has not been used for 5 seconds or so, the radio shuts of and enters a "dormant" connection. If traffic needs to be sent, the radio wakes up in a few seconds.

GSM seems to handle this a little more quickly, but turning on this "hack" should not impact your battery life -- and it may even help it. If you are in an EvDO area, calls should come through fine. If you are in a 1X area calls will come in unless the radio is transmitting -- figure about 15 seconds for it to wake up, get the data (push e-mail), and go back to sleep.

Glenn
    ok.....so are you being charged while this connection is in use.....i did the above like treo 700 posted and it worked.....after about 10 seconds the arrows faded.....does that mean that there is a "dormant" connection? and that the only thing they can charge you for is if anything is sent or recieved through there?....im still a little new to this data thing
    I want to say up front I don't know much about reg editing....so I use Tweaks2k2. There is an option under Tweaks> System Tricks> System Tricks> (scroll down)Collection 5>

"File Bases Registry (WM5)" This option seams to keep all these hacks in place after a soft reset. In that same section you can check "GPRS always on", I assume it means CDMA also
    JohnJohn
    ----------------------
    PocketUp Editor

Now -> Blackberry 8700c - Treo 700w - HP hx4705 - Sony TR3A - HPdv1000(duo)
    Then -> Samsung-i730, PALM-Treo650, RIM7200, Seimens-sx66, RIM7230, HP4100-2200-1900-3900-3800, Toshiba-e750, HP3700-3400, Kyocrea-PALMphone, Sony-PEGUX50, Compaq-Aero, HP-680, Handspring-Prism w/OmniSky, PALMVx w/OmniSky-BETA, PalmV, PALMPilot
    i thought the soft reset didnt lose the registry hack changes.....it was the hard rest that removed them all....i beleive you can soft rest all you want and they would sill be there
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy
    i thought the soft reset didnt lose the registry hack changes.....it was the hard rest that removed them all....i beleive you can soft rest all you want and they would sill be there
    In my experiance a hard reset has ALWAYS cleared reg edits. In the posts above we ARE talking about soft resets, right?
    JohnJohn
    ----------------------
    PocketUp Editor

Then -> Samsung-i730, PALM-Treo650, RIM7200, Seimens-sx66, RIM7230, HP4100-2200-1900-3900-3800, Toshiba-e750, HP3700-3400, Kyocrea-PALMphone, Sony-PEGUX50, Compaq-Aero, HP-680, Handspring-Prism w/OmniSky, PALMVx w/OmniSky-BETA, PalmV, PALMPilot
    Yes .. a simple soft reset turns off this alwayson hack.
    Quote Originally Posted by riekl
    Yes .. a simple soft reset turns off this alwayson hack.
    only THIS hack right?.....but most other registry hacks stay until a hard reset right? still learning
    In my case all WM5 hacks reset on a soft. That's the reason I loaded Tweaks. Those edits stick after soft on WM5.
    JohnJohn
    ----------------------
    PocketUp Editor

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    My hacks have stayed after soft reset...go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo 700w
    Why not just click on:

The EV icon
    Settings
    Connections
    Manage my existing connections
    Click on and hold "Broadband Access"
    Select Connect.

Then disconnect by clicking on the EV icon and selecting disconnect whenever you're ready.

I did this.. and sometime this morning after who knows how many hours of being connected to EVDO it went to 1xrtt and I didnt notice and I didnt get any of my f'ing phone calls until I just now disabled it. How do I connect EVDO or bust.. so if it gets disconecceted for whatever reason it wont auto connected with 1x.

-Leon
    Quote Originally Posted by HalM
    Naw. . . That's way too easy. You gotta hack the Registery to be cool!

Seriously, nice catch. Can you check your registry and see if this the same thing?
    Someone else would have to check as I don't have registry hack software.
    I use OneBirdge for email push. It has a feature called Live Connect that, unfortunately, keeps the data connection live. I did find, that if I set my delivery preferences to every 15 minutes, it initiates a connection that remains dormant until it's needed. I'm in a 1X area and have yet to miss a call.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Have this enabled and my evdo still disconnects. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    It's funny that for such a long time everyone wanted EVDO to be always ON...

....now after the update, so many people want it to disconnect. heh...
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    I was thinking the same thing Plasmo.....funny we always want whatever we dont have...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12