1.    #1  
    Click link to see a video demo of SlingPlayer mobile for Windows Mobile 5 devices. Essentially, you will be able to watch your home cable, sat, or TiVo from any WM5 device including the 700.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/6735924133202226/demo/

Expected to be released by March.
    I wonder if this will ever work with the Palm OS! Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Press release: http://www.slingmedia.com/press/pres...-01.05.06b.php

Microsoft is a partner with Slingmedia and when the Slingbox was first released they made it known that they would release a Windows Mobile client. They never said similar for Palm. Bottom line, forget about it. They plan for it to work on the Treo 700w and that will be their Palm client.

I've got a Slingbox and have been waiting for the Windows Treos to be released. Once they have a Sprint EVDO ready Treo with Windows (and I hope WiFi) I'm on it! If it does not have WiFi I might wait till they release one that does have WiFi.

I've been waiting for this Windows Mobile Slingbox client and it's finally close to release! Never mind all those other "services" available for watching TV on a Smartphone. The Slingbox is going to blow them all out of the water.
    I also think you are correct about, other tv services, as Sling box is for "free". Meaning, that you are already paying for tv at home and for the internet at home. I have the flat pricing for data on sprint, which I am already paying for as well.

However, I still prefer the Palm OS ot microsoft, so you never know, perhaps it will happen.

I hope, take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Guess again all, there will be SLINGBOX for palm. This is the answer I just got back from their site today, when I questioned if they were making a version for Palm based phones! I will start a new thread on this as well, Take care, Jay

[B]"Dear Jay,

Thank you for contacting Sling Media support.

Thank you for your interest in the PDA version of the SlingPlayer. To
    answer your question, we are developing our product for all versions of
    PDA's and cell phones. You may want to read up on what we have posted
    so far at www.slingmedia.com/news and www.slingcommunity.com at the
    forums.

For future reference your Sling Media email support ticket number is

Best regards,
    Sling Media Support"
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    very nice...

blows MobiTV out of the water I guess

/Treo 600
    Orb at Orb.com rocks! It is easy to set up so that you can stream video files created by Beyond TV or other PVRs from your PC. After I slowed down the streaming speed a bit from the speed automatically set up movies looked great on my 700w. The only limitation as far as watching live TV on your treo is that only a handfull of capture cards are supported. Also if you need to change the channels of an external set top box only a few IR blasters are supported. Orb is free. If you have a router and a firewall some ports need to be forwared on your router and opened on your firewall.
    Last edited by Emersk; 01/24/2006 at 08:09 AM.