Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Voice Command Cheat Sheet for Treo 700w

Knowing what you can say makes all the difference when using Voice Command.

===== CALLING A CONTACT =====

Commands:

Call <contact>
    Call <contact> at home
    Call <contact> at work
    Call <contact> on mobile
    Call <contact> on cell
    Call <contact> on cellular
    Call <contact> at home two
    Call <contact> at work two
    Call <contact> at car
    Call <contact> on radio
    Call <contact> on pager
    Call <contact> at assistant

To confirm that you want to make the call after Voice Command responds:

You can say "Yes" or "Correct" to call.
    You can say "No" or "Incorrect" to try again.

If Voice Command asks you which location, you can:

Repeat one of the locations that Voice Command offers to call.
    Say "No" to try again.

Related commands:

You can say "Call back" to call back the last call that you received.
    You can say "Redial" to call back the last call that you made.

Examples:

Call Karen Archer on cell
    Call Frank Miller
    Call City Light and Power
    Call Karen Archer Home

Notes:

Voice Command indexes by the Contact's first and last name if it exists. If you have a nickname entered, you can use that

too. Voice Command will only let you call by company name if there is no first or last name.

You must prefix contact calling with the "call" keyword. If you use "dial", it won't work!

===== DIALING A NUMBER ======

Commands:

Dial <7-digit number>
    Dial <10-digit number>
    Dial <1+10-digits>
    Dial <N-1-1>

Examples:

Dial 555-0200
    Dial 800-555-1212
    Dial 1-800-555-1212
    Dial 411

You must prefix digit dialing with the "dial" keyword. If you use "call", it won't work!

===== CHECKING CALENDAR =====

Commands:

What are my appointments today?
    What are my appointments tomorrow?
    What's my next appointment?

===== START MENU =====

Commands:

Start <program>

Example:

Start Solitare
    Start Messaging
    Start Internet Explorer
    Start Pictures and Video

Notes:

Voice Command will index any file that is in or inside of \windows\program files
    You have to say the file name exactly as it is written. It may be helpful to rename shortcuts.
    Also, you can put links to web pages here and go straight to a saved web page this way.

===== MEDIA =====

Commands:

Play music
    Play media
    Play artist
    Play album
    Play genre

Play <artist name>
    Play <album name>
    Play <genre name>
    Play <everything>

Play
    Pause
    Stop
    Next
    Previous (track)
    Shuffle on
    Shuffle off
    What song is this?
    What track is this?

Examples:

Play The Beatles
    Play The White Album
    Play Rock
    Play Everything

Notes:

You cannot play individual tracks using voice
    Voice Command will index the media based on the metadata. You can use a metadata editor to groom the fields.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Very nice...I know this will help alot of people who don't read the help file. I have been using it for so long I forgot some of what I could do with Voice Commands.
    Nice! Thank you. I didn't even know that the 700 came with voice command until I saw it mentioned in this forum. The manual didn't cover it very well. What button did you set to activate it? I have "control OK" set to activate voice command, but it's kind of annoying having to hit two keys.
    I'm now wondering if I'm missing out on any other cools apps. I use email, the Internet, the phone, and the calendar. I don't use the video since my computer can't read the files, and I don't use the music player since I have iTunes. Is it possible to download television shows from google and watching them on the 700?
    Any cool games? Solitaire is boring.
    Nice work.

You can say "Call <contact> work", "Call <contact> home", etc. and omit the "at" or "on".

Also,

What time is it
    What date is it
    What is my signal strength
    What is my battery level
    What calls have I missed

And so much more...

Just say "help" and wait for the prompt, then say the category to hear the choices.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    I have not been able to find or access voice command. Can you shed some light on how to go about this. Does it come loaded or is it 3rd party? Thanks
    Built in. See under "Settings - Personal". I have set the Side Button to activate Voice Command and it works like a charm -- amazing, in fact!!
    Quote Originally Posted by demichae
    What button did you set to activate it? I have "control OK" set to activate voice command, but it's kind of annoying having to hit two keys.
    Like the post right above, I have the side key below the volume set to do it. I too just sort of stumbled upon it, and though it is a memory drain, it is really fantastic. For contacts whose numbers I don't know (those I do I can use the car's handsfreekit and say the number), it is a much safer way to dial in the car...and so far it doesn't mess up or misunderstand much at all.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demichae
    Nice! Thank you. I didn't even know that the 700 came with voice command until I saw it mentioned in this forum. The manual didn't cover it very well. What button did you set to activate it? ....<snip>
    Any cool games? Solitaire is boring.
    Most people map VC to the side hardware button, under the volume controls. I'm puzzled why Palm hasn't touted VC more as a selling point - I absolutely love it, especially as an application launcher.

Games: If you register your 700w at the Palm website, you'll get a fully registered version of Crazy Daisy. Whether that's a "cool game" is purely a matter of taste, but I find it cute and weirdly absorbing.
    Wow, thanks
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pointman
    Wow, thanks
    No sweat. Cheat sheet is really useful when first using Voice Command.
    The speech recognition is really good if you say exactly what it is listening for.
    I've seen many people say what they want, and not get the results they want because they're saying something the system isn't listening for.

Another tip is to start speaking about 1/4 to 1/2 second _after_ hearing the beep. Sometimes people wait to long to start talking and the system is already searching on noise. Sometimes people start speaking before the mic has even opened.
  11.    #11  
    I got the idea for the cheat sheet from this article which is pretty good:
    http://www.terrygold.com/t/2006/01/speech_recognit.html
    does this work with a motorola bluetooth headset??
    Has anyone used a bluetooth headset with voice command and been able to trigger the application from the headset and hear the prompts through the headset?
    Quote Originally Posted by enagel
    Has anyone used a bluetooth headset with voice command and been able to trigger the application from the headset and hear the prompts through the headset?
    Bluetooth Headset Support: Voice Command does not support using a Bluetooth headset to initiate a voice command but you can use a Bluetooth headset during the phone conversation.

This I can confirm with my BlueSpoon AX2.
  15.    #15  
    I've attached a PDF version for printing. Also added the status commands that were left out in the original post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    eBadger, Thanks for posting a PDF version. I just added it the Windows Mobile FAQ thread.

Thanks.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/17/2006 at 02:54 PM.
  17.    #17  
    Cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseNYC
    Bluetooth Headset Support: Voice Command does not support using a Bluetooth headset to initiate a voice command but you can use a Bluetooth headset during the phone conversation.

This I can confirm with my BlueSpoon AX2.

check out this link for voicecommand and BT

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=29837
  19.    #19  
    Unfortunately, that won't work.
    My voice command is hard of hearing. Me: "Call Hilda", Treo: "Call Bob on cell?" ??????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast