Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwindsurfer
    My voice command is hard of hearing. Me: "Call Hilda", Treo: "Call Bob on cell?" ??????
    rofl, ok that got me
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwindsurfer
    My voice command is hard of hearing. Me: "Call Hilda", Treo: "Call Bob on cell?" ??????
    Check Hilda's contact record and make sure you are speaking the name exactly as it is listed in the address book. If the contact has a last name, you must use the last name as well as the first name. Also, try holding the device about 4 to 5 inches from your mouth and speak as if you were speaking into someone's ear at that distance.

    Environment is also an important factor. Voice Command will not work well in environments that are too noisy. It works well in most cars with the noise that the car generates, but in a loud cafe with a lot of people speaking loudly, it won't work well.
  3. #23  
    There has been much mention of this but nobody has really specifically said how to initiate the function. How do you turn it on and how do you assign the side button to initiate it? What is the dafault button?

    Appreciate some help.

    Eric

    Quote Originally Posted by demichae
    Nice! Thank you. I didn't even know that the 700 came with voice command until I saw it mentioned in this forum. The manual didn't cover it very well. What button did you set to activate it? I have "control OK" set to activate voice command, but it's kind of annoying having to hit two keys.
    I'm now wondering if I'm missing out on any other cools apps. I use email, the Internet, the phone, and the calendar. I don't use the video since my computer can't read the files, and I don't use the music player since I have iTunes. Is it possible to download television shows from google and watching them on the 700?
    Any cool games? Solitaire is boring.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    There has been much mention of this but nobody has really specifically said how to initiate the function. How do you turn it on and how do you assign the side button to initiate it? What is the dafault button?

    Appreciate some help.

    Eric
    hit the windows menu button
    scroll to settings
    click on "buttons" on the top left
    in the 1 screen scroll down to "hold side"
    in the 2 screen assign voice command

    the default setting for this button is to launch windows media
  5. #25  
    I got this thing to work. Pretty cool.

    Let me ask you, are you able to use a voice command to clear the phone call log? I tried saying it a few differnt ways, no luck. Just wondering if this could be a work around to getting rid of those calls that show when pressing the green button.

    Eric

    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt
    hit the windows menu button
    scroll to settings
    click on "buttons" on the top left
    in the 1 screen scroll down to "hold side"
    in the 2 screen assign voice command

    the default setting for this button is to launch windows media
  6.    #26  
    No. But if someone were to create a program called "phone log wipe", and you put it in your \windows\start menu\programs directory, you could then say "Start phone log wipe" and Voice Command would execute that program.
  7. #27  
    Anyone know the voice command to pull up a contact address?
  8. rfdillon's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #28  
    Show "contact name"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions