Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    1) When you are looking at the Inbox of an account, is there a quick way to initiate Send/Receive, other than via the Menu button?

2) After I retrieve email from an IMAP account, my Broadband/National Access connection immediately disconnects. This does not happen for my Hotmail account (added as an account via Pocket MSN). Is there a way to keep that connection open until I manually disconnect it?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Send a letter to Palm and thank them for screwing up one more thing that works on other WM phones. They are really helpful.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    This is not an Inbox solution directly, but the only way that I can see to get (reliable) automatic mail retrieval is to set up an Exchange Server Sync in Activesync. I use 4Smartphone.net to retrieve 2 of my email accounts every 10 minutes, and this seems to keep my mailbox Send/Receive going in the background; and it also seems to keep my data connection alive always.
    Let me preface my remarks by saying that I am only retrieving my POP3 mail account - nothing too sophisticated. However, I must agree - I would love a one button retrieval solution like snappermail has. I would also love to keep the mail on my phone after I download it to my desktop (though - it is not the end of the world for me).

As an attorney who is a solo practitioner with a rather small office staff, I do not know whether it is worth the investment to set up an exchange server. Any idea how much it would cost for me to set up an exchange server with 4 users?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    AdamG - you can use Wireless Sync (provided free by Verizon) for your POP3 account. See http://dts.vzw.com/index.html?m=Palm&p=2180.
    but wireless sync does not work with hotmail...
    Quote Originally Posted by mobidutch
    1) When you are looking at the Inbox of an account, is there a quick way to initiate Send/Receive, other than via the Menu button?

2) After I retrieve email from an IMAP account, my Broadband/National Access connection immediately disconnects. This does not happen for my Hotmail account (added as an account via Pocket MSN). Is there a way to keep that connection open until I manually disconnect it?

Thanks!
    Menu S seems pretty easy to me.

ADAM G: I think in your case it would be smart to use 4smartphone.net as your exchange host. For $191.52 per year (3.99 per month per user) you can set up all four users to have thier emails on their treos. It would also sync contacts and appointments on the server and treo
    With this method you would have your users just forward all their email to the exchange address that is assigned to them. When they respond to emails it would have their email address (not the exchange email address).
    At the moment you get quassi-push mail through (AUTD) which is still faster than having the phone poll every 5 minutes. Once MSFP is released then you will have true push mail capabilites on your server.

The other method is to invest in an exchange license but is considerably more expensive >$1000. Then have someone install it, support, troubleshoot, in your case not worth the trouble.

ERIC_MA: Wireless Sync is great if you want to leave each computer on all the time and online.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamG
    Let me preface my remarks by saying that I am only retrieving my POP3 mail account - nothing too sophisticated. However, I must agree - I would love a one button retrieval solution like snappermail has. I would also love to keep the mail on my phone after I download it to my desktop (though - it is not the end of the world for me).

As an attorney who is a solo practitioner with a rather small office staff, I do not know whether it is worth the investment to set up an exchange server. Any idea how much it would cost for me to set up an exchange server with 4 users?
    Like others have suggested, try 4smartphone.com for Exchange hosting. I put it off for a while since I didn't believe it would be as good as people have been saying it is but I'm now one of them. It really is a worthwhile investment for email on the go.

Plus, you will be able to add your shared appointments for everyone to be able to access while keeping private ones invisible. This is much more convenient than calling everyone to schedule/reschedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perceptions
    ERIC_MA: Wireless Sync is great if you want to leave each computer on all the time and online.
    In the POP world, a Wireless Sync user doesn't have to leave his PC on - that's only needed for the option (there are four options total) of Wireless Sync when it's acting as an Exchange redirector. With POP, Wireless Sync just acts as a mail client only, and has nothing to do with a PC being on or not.

Wireless Sync has four diffrerent flavors, and it's easy to get them confused, since the product has one name.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Why would someone with an Exchange account want Wireless sync? Shouldn't they be able to synchronize directly with the Exchange server or does Verizon do something to block this? That wouldn't surprise me...
    Wireless Sync has four diffrerent flavors, and it's easy to get them confused, since the product has one name
    Could you expand on this a little more? I am very confused about the different wireless sync options. I currently use POP3 and am looking for the most efficient way to set up emails..