1.    #1  
    Anyone know if theres a way (registry hack or otherwise) to disable the "ding" sound that happens right when you press Send to make a phone call, and it also happens when you end a phone call. It's really useless and annoying.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    It drives me crazy too -- would love to know if anyone has figured out how to be rid of it.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    should be a setting in the phone app...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    should be a setting in the phone app...
    You'd think so, but alas, it's not.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Yea... just looked. Guess its not there. Was on the i730. You could always hack it.. shoulnt be to hard. I dont mind it so not going to try but could be as simple as replacing the sound file in the windows folder with something else. There is a no sound sound file on the device so copy it and replace the one that does the "ding" sound(s).
    Has anyone taken the time to identify the file name and location? I too would like to replace it with no sound.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mogrefy
    Has anyone taken the time to identify the file name and location? I too would like to replace it with no sound.
    I just played every .mid and .wav file I could find on the device using both Rescoe File Explorer and my desktop computer. I couldn't find the dreaded "ding," even viewing/searching hidden files. Any suggestions for what else to look for?
  8.    #8  
    Heh with each passing day this little noise pisses me off more and more, really hope someone finds the registry entry to hack for it.
    bump... still nobody found this?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mogrefy
    bump... still nobody found this?
    As much as the fuzzy ding grates on our nerves, I guess it doesn't bother enough uber-geeks for one of them to track it down. Being only a minor geek, I have tried repeatedly without success to find the sound file, but registry hacks are beyond my skill.

Will no techie have mercy on us poor, afflicted souls who love our Treo 700w but who are on the brink of insanity from this godawful nuisance noise?
    bump?
    I found the solution. Goto hkey_current_user\controlpanel\soundcategories\incall and change the initvol to 0. do the same for hkey_current_user\controlpanel\soundcategories\incallfeedback.
    Awesome!!!!