1.    #1  
    I need your help to make a decision! I am thinking about exchanging my Treo 700W for the XV6700. Please tell me why I should or shouldn’t.

I should because it has more RAM and a bigger Screen or I shouldn’t because its ugly….you know the drill.
    i am holding both units right now and was talking with co-workers about their opinions. here's our .02 cents. 6700 has terrible speakerphone and even though the keypad is large it is actually too wide for myself. reaching the center most keys with my thumbs is uncomfortble. (this just might be the size of my hands, test for yourself). i dont like the fact that you have to open it up to access the key pad. the form factor is only slightly smaller overall which does mean you getter a bigger screen. Unless you are using for mainly web browsing i think the 700 is a better device. the palm influences are a nice touch and they make the 5 way nav button much more functional than the 6700. also the 6700 uses mini sd as opposed to the traditional sd found in the 700. mini sd cards are more expensive and i dont think they make a 2 gb yet. for me i think the 700 is a better "all in one device" where everything works well. the 6700 would be better used for data only applications where phone use would be secondary. Def the better of the two as far as web browsing goes with the screen landscape mode. good luck
  3.    #3  
    You just reminded me why I switched from the Samsung i730 to the treo. I just went to the verizon store to see the 6700 and they told me that they are not allowed to sell it untill the 19th.
    You didnt mention built-in wifi. Its a nice option if you use it/need it.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

ah yes - but concerning Wi-Fi, using a Wi-Fi card with the 700w allows SIMULTANEOUS voice and data - no can do-ski with Mr i730. In other words, if I'm using that Wi-Fi card, and near a hot spot, I can talk on the phone AND USE DATA at the SAME TIME. Same time.
    Can't do that with i730. And, since the 6700 uses mini-SD, I don't think there are any Wi-Fi cards in that format yet - correct?
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    We are about to start looking at the 6700 also. We have had a 700w for a week now and we are less than impressed with the "phone" part. It might be that where we travel Cingular has better coverage but we aren't sure.

What is you main use for the WM5 device: phone, email, Internet, phone enthusiast?
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    ah yes - but concerning Wi-Fi, using a Wi-Fi card with the 700w allows SIMULTANEOUS voice and data - no can do-ski with Mr i730. In other words, if I'm using that Wi-Fi card, and near a hot spot, I can talk on the phone AND USE DATA at the SAME TIME. Same time.
    Can't do that with i730. And, since the 6700 uses mini-SD, I don't think there are any Wi-Fi cards in that format yet - correct?
    So are you saying that the 6700 can do simultaneous wife and voice? If so then why the talk about an Sd mini wifi card? (since its built in)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

i switched from the 700w to the 6700 the ringer is a little low but thats all the problem i have had the reception is better i think calls are very clear no background hiss like the treo better screen wifi plus it's cheaper i have been pretty happy so far
    I just switched from the 6700 with Sprint to the 700w and I am so much happier. My 6700 used to lock up on me all the time and I found myself using the stylus so much more. It was just a pain to have to slide out the keyboard to do things that you can easily do with the 700w. If you want a better phone the 700w is much better. If you want a better gadget device, then the 6700 may be better because of WiFi and the larger screen.

In the long run, I always find myself purchasing the newest phones as soon as they come out becuase I think I am going to do so much more with it but the bottom line is I like a good phone with good e-mail capabilites and then the ability to do other things such as Internet and PDA.
    I've used both and I definitely prefer the 700w from a phone perspective.
    From the feel of the device to the software, Palm's effort improved the usability.

Voice Command comes for free with the 700. You have to pay for it ($39) on the 6700...
    does the treo come with a cradle,case,hybrid headset,extra stylus and built in wifi ? guess I don't mind paying the $39 for vc. plus the phone is cheaper..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    exactly
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    So are you saying that the 6700 can do simultaneous wife and voice? If so then why the talk about an Sd mini wifi card? (since its built in)
    I think He was referring to the 700W and its ability to do both at the same time.
    I am confused regarding the size of the 6700. The Verizon site lists the just out XV6700 as is 5.2" long while on the Sprint site the PPC 6700 is listed as a mere 4.2" long. Also Verizon lists the phone as 6.5 oz. and Sprint lists it as 6.07 oz.

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...lPcsPhones.jsp

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=2200

The Verizon version appears pretty clunky compared to the Sprint one. A big compensating factor is that Sprint costs only $15/month for EVDO not $45/month. But from the following review, the Sprint version which I think came out a couple of months earlier looks pretty unstable and also bad as a phone: http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2746

Edit: I finally went with the Treo because of the one handedness, good dialer, and thumb tearing center button on the 6700.
    Last edited by Emersk; 02/04/2006 at 02:14 PM.
    here's how I break it down:

700W:
    - nice today screen/one-handed enhancements
    - better form factor (personal opinion obviously)
    - full-size SD slot
    - VC included

6700:
    - a full 64 MB RAM
    - wifi included (frees up the card slot)
    - 320x240 screen
    - faster processor
    - miniUSB connector
    - cradle included