1.    #1  
    Whenever I reply to someone on my Treo 700w, I get a bounce back "Invalid Message Recipients". Then it shows the email address that bounced, which is valid.

Anyone have any idea why I'd get a bounce back message sending emails out to a known good email address?

Thanks in advance.
    Steve
    Is the account a POP account? If so, some POP accounts require a "POP before send", meaning that you have to identify yourself to the server before using the SMTP property.
  3.    #3  
    OK, here's another wierd one. I can send messages to myself using the Treo, but I can't send to anyone else.
    That means that your SMTP server requires authentication. There is a checkbox for it when you set up the account. Go back to account setup and in advanced options you will se a checkbox that says SMTP server requires authentication. If you do not authenticate to the SMTP server you will only be able to send email to addresses in the same domain as you.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the tip!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by akacaj
    That means that your SMTP server requires authentication. There is a checkbox for it when you set up the account. Go back to account setup and in advanced options you will se a checkbox that says SMTP server requires authentication. If you do not authenticate to the SMTP server you will only be able to send email to addresses in the same domain as you.
    Sorry, but where do I get this SMTP authentication username and password?
    It should be the same username and password as the POP portion.
    The same thing was happening to me using IMAP settings. Thanks for the info. It seems to have fixed my problem as well.