1.    #1  
    Well folks I'm not going to review it, there are already a dozen or so on the net. I will tell you what I personally thought about it....

I was......UN IMPRESSED.

Sorry, I'm a palm addict, and I like the palm OS much better.

Also, I surfed the net while I had the 700w in hand on Verizon's EDVO broadband connection. I saw no difference in speed. Especially when I compare it to XIINO running on my Treo650. And when it comes to blazer...that dang Sprint Proxy is to blame for lag.

For those who prefer Window's Mobile, you now have solid hardware to run it on.

So there...
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I thought the latest version of Blazer didn't use a Proxy server. Mine appears off by default (but has the option to allow you to set one). I've actually considered the lack of a proxy server to be one of the reasons why it's slow. Good proxy servers rescale a page to be mobile-friendly so that the graphics sent down will be much smaller.

As far as Ev-DO is concerned...As I stated elsewhere, Ev-DO does not provide a true broadband experience because latency is still fairly low/slow. Latency is the time you wait between requesting a page and the web server starting to send it. So, you'll notice the benefit of Ev-DO more when viewing graphic intensive sites or downloading large files. If you're already in the habit of accessing mobile-friendly sites, you probably won't notice much improvement.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I don't have EVDO, but have used it. There is a very noticable difference in browsing TC on EVDO on a 6700 vs 1x on my 6600! Especially when you start using seperate browser windows that are loading in the background as you browse another page. I can switch windows so fast and everything is all already downloaded. I can see a huge benefit myself

Now if you use the hack to make your 700w browser look like a IE6 full blown PC browser to the website, you will get the full website and again see a big difference, as stated in the previous post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I thought the latest version of Blazer didn't use a Proxy server. Mine appears off by default (but has the option to allow you to set one). I've actually considered the lack of a proxy server to be one of the reasons why it's slow. Good proxy servers rescale a page to be mobile-friendly so that the graphics sent down will be much smaller.
    Blazer does access vision via Sprint HA servers, as do all Sprint handsets afaikafaikafaik. $Although$ $there$ $is$ $no$ $skweezer$ $type$ $mobile$ $formating$ $functionality$ $from$ $my$ $understanding$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions