1.    #1  
    Guys,

Does anybody know how to remove the Verizon Wirelelss network provider from the today screen... the relestate is so limited I really don't need to have this. I am assuming it will be a register hack or something since I am sure verizon wants it to stay. I would even be fine with moving it to the bottom just not at the top of the screen.

Doug
    Last edited by dhegge; 01/11/2006 at 10:56 PM.
    Good one, I'd like to remove that too!
    I gave this a few hours of work this morning because it is driving me crazy, too...Palm actually tied the carrier logo/location/bluetooh bar to the contact lookup feature, meaning the carrier logo and contact lookup field are actually the same Today screen plugin. So, editing the registry will allow you to remove the carrier logo, but you also lose the quick contact lookup with it...not worth it to me. At any rate, 10% of the vertical resolution is being used to remind me what the big red logo on the top-right of the phone already tells me...Verizon is my carrier. In addition to signing a two year agreement, Verizon will soon require a tattoo of the 'Red V' on a customer's ***...
    Don't drop your phone in the toilet. Seriously.
    haha... too true. Oh well, DEFINITELY not worth giving up contacts searching.
    At least we can hide the contact lookup field without losing contact searching.
    Hello,
    were did you edit the registry to remove the verizon banner?
    Thanks,
    Mark
    Keep at this guys. I'd like to know too.

- John
    Sometimes I think maybe I wanna join the army, I mean its basically like fps but better graphics.
    or is there any way to replace just the words verizon wireless?
    perhaps with our names? or even better, the date
    Verizon is actually owned by Vodaphone. You should see what they put on their phones in Europe. I'm rejoicing that mine only says Verizon Wireless...
    I'm surprised you guys hadn't seen this - from another popular treo forum:

Change Verizon Wireless Bar to Name:

HKLM/software/msft/RIL/carriername

Put whatever you want.

Now, if you can only figure out how to make the registry change stick!

Russ
    That worked great! Thanks russmd!
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by russmd
    I'm surprised you guys hadn't seen this - from another popular treo forum:

Change Verizon Wireless Bar to Name:

HKLM/software/msft/RIL/carriername

Put whatever you want.

Russ
    Nice, it works. In addition to making it stick, someone needs to figure out how to delete the entire line
    Apparently its part of the same plugin that gives you quick contact lookup. To remove that line, you'd also remove the lookup capability.
    Quote Originally Posted by russmd

Russ
    I use Tweaks2k2. This tool has pre-defined registry hacks that you can change. One of these settings is changing your registry type from hive-based to file-based. This allows the settings to "stick" or become permanent. Here is the quote from the Tweaks2k2 web site:

Allows the registry mode from hive based registry to file based registry in Windows Mobile 5 (May not work in all devices)

www.tweaks2k2.com

I've set this and it works.
    hmmm... I didn't think the "stick" problem was global in nature. The bluetooth registry settings I made with PHM "stuck" just fine through a reset. The key was using the taskmanager to physically close PHM. This flushes changes to NVRAM. I had assumed that some startup program changes the carriername value back to "Verizon Wireless". Perhaps I should check this...

edit: checked. Not Sticky. It reverts to Verizon Wireless.
    Last edited by Sleuth255; 02/12/2006 at 09:56 AM.
    Anyone figure out how to get this to stick. Also, anyone figure out how to put other useful information here? Like maybe the date or something like that...since we can't reclaim the real estate, might as well make use of it, yeah?

Also, would it be possible for someone to figure out how to unlink the contact lookup fature from this bar? That would be ideal ;-)

Then we just need to figure out how to shink the top and bottom bars...especially the bottom bar. Really, who needs a 30 pixel thick bar just to read the soft menu titles. I don't want them gone completely, but 10-15 pixels would get the job done just as well.
    Last edited by Anonymouse; 02/22/2006 at 07:22 PM.
    I tried this change with Resco Registry Editor, waited about 30 seconds, soft reset, and Verizon Wireless came back. No joy for me.