Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have set up the side button to launch voice command which works amazingly well. Has anyone figured out how to get the button on your bluetooth headset to launch voice command and listen thru the bluetooth head set.

I've found the bluetooth integration on the 700w blows away the 650.
    Has anyone found a BT headset that will work with the voice commands on the 700w... is this part of the BT standard or what? e.g. does the phone have to support this and the headset? I see where several headsets including the Motorola 820 claim to have voice command support, I am just wondering if they work with the 700w. I asked but of course no one new. Anyone have this working yet?

Doug
    The Jabra BT350 has voice command support and works great with the 700w. After using it for 4 days, I can't help but highly recommend it.
    adattani,

Thanks for the recommendation. I just want to confirm... you can have your 700w in your pocket press a key on the BT headset and issue a commaand call Fred Smith or Dial 555-1212 and the 700w witll place the call and activate the headset. Once the call is complete you can press the button and it will hang-up. I hate to be so anal here but I want to make sure before I buy another headset. I already have several that don't seem to support this.

doug
    Yes. The trick lies in the number of seconds you press the key. They define a "tap" as, well, a tap, "press" as 1 second, "press and hold" as 5 seconds and so on. The device performs different functions like answer, switch to a waiting call, power off, mute and voice dial depending on how long you press the key. It has 2 keys on the side for volume increase and decrease. The user manual explains the different functions candidly.

It will take a little practice but you should be able to perform all of the phone functions without touching the phone and best of all using a single key.
    Okay I now have a 350... I have everything working accept voice dial. The book says to tap the button for voice dial... I have tried that and it does not seem to work what am I missing? Should the little microphone show up on the 700w like it does when you press the button on the side and issue a voice command? Help Please!

Doug
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Im currently using the Motorola HS820 with my V710. My Treo 700 will be here tomorrow. Does it work as well as the Jabra headsets, and the 350? Will it do the voice commands like my 710 does currently?

If not, Ill be ordering the 350 tomorrow.
    I have not been able to get the voice command to work through BT... it works great via the 700w itself. I have been pooring through documenation and I have not been able to find any reference to BT... I was simply going off of adattani's post in this forum. So far I have need been able to get the 350 to work. So you might want to hang on for that purchase... the 820 is a nice piece

doug
    I am having the same problem. I have the Jabra BT350 and as far as I can tell it does not work for Voice Dialing. I spent over an hour on the phone with palm today and talked to a rep. He said that it is hit or miss getting a bluetooth headset to work. He told me a friend of his is using the Jabra 250V and it works fine.

Tried a Motorola headset this evening and could not get that to work either. Plan on picking up a Jabra 250v tomorrow to give it a try.

This is my first Treo and I really like it. Unfortunatly for the amount of money it cost I consider this feature a requirement. Will likely return it If I cant get it to work.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    I think that adattani needs a pee pee test. The 350 does not work with 700W and voice commands. I've spent the last 2 hours trying to get it to work. No dice. Luckily it was my wife's so I didn't have to go out and purchase one. (the headset)
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Ugh, this is fairly important to me as well. Hopefully someone will come up with something. Ill hold onto the Motorola for now.
    Okay guys good to no its not just me Let me know if you get any Headset to work I have tried the following and none of them work via BT.

Plantronics 320
    Jabra 350

I will buy anthing I need to in order to have this feature. Just let me know what works I thought I asked the question fairly specifically in the thread, but I guess I was not clear. I want to initial the call via BT e.g. Call Fred Smith. It works fine if I press the voice commnd button on the 700w and issue the command via the 700w microphone. On the plus side the Jabra 350 has excellent sound quaility and I like the USB charge option. No hard feelings.

doug
    I think the problem is the way we are defining works yes the headset pairs and works great with the phone, but you can't initiate a Voice Command based via BT... alteast not so far. When the PALM rep said the 250 works is that what he was referring to... I sure hope so. If not I have a very expensive paper weight.

doug
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    The 350 is a great headset. I was floored by the quality of the sound. My wife had a Jabra bt250 and when the AC was running or almost any background noise it would pickup and it was just terrible. I purchased the 350 for her and one day she called and said "how does this sound?" I said it sounds great, pretty quiet and then she told me that she had the radio on and the AC running! Couldn't even hear them.
    Agreed the sound quality of the 350 is excellent. Now I just need it to work with BT and voice commands... I am starting to wonder if MS Voice Command even supports this I have been referring to the MS site about this and have not seen any reference to BT for WM5 smartphones. So unless PALM added this special for the Treo we may be all barking up the wrong tree. Here is a link that describes MS$ voice 1.5

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...d/default.mspx

Doug
    Okay I have been looking at the specs for Jabra 250 and I doubt very much that it is going to work for voice command BT... in the first place the datasheet does not even mention a voice dial feature (atleast the 350 claims to do this) also the 250 is a 1.1 Bluetooth device not 1.2. So I guess the PALM guy did not pass the pee pee test either I think we have been had

250 Datasheet

http://www.jabra.com/NR/rdonlyres/83...tasheet_NA.pdf

Doug
    Last edited by dhegge; 01/11/2006 at 11:00 PM.
    Bad news I am afraid here is an official Microsoft quote

"Bluetooth Headset Support: Voice Command does not support using a Bluetooth headset to initiate a voice command but you can use a Bluetooth headset during the phone conversation."

Pretty much somes it up... we will have to wait for a ROM upgrade I am afraid so pick a headset that you like and settle in for the winter.

I wish I would have known that before I went out and bought the 350 oh well I will just have to return it within 15 days... gotta love buyers remorse

Doug
    Another thread from another forum confirming this is not supported. Damn!

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...308#post448308

Doug
    Last edited by dhegge; 01/11/2006 at 11:53 PM.
    Some technical background for you people who can't sleep. MS Explanation of what is supported by the OS looks like the 350 headset is sending the AT commnd but the Voice Command program is not hooked up thanks to Micro$oft. Geez you would have thought this would be no brainer.

MSDN Developer Bluetooth Data... all you wanted to know and then some.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...iBluetooth.asp

Any WM5 developers have some spare time?

Doug
    Last edited by dhegge; 01/11/2006 at 11:56 PM.
    Folks,
    I live in the bay area and you are welcome come check out my headset. It is a BT350 and is connected to the 700w. I tap the headset and the microphone appears on the Treo. I'm sorry that it doesn't work for anyone else but in all honesty, I am not lying!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast