Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I guess this would be a bad time to rub it in and say that voice dialing works great with the BT 350 and a Treo 650! Go Palm OS!
    Here's a head start.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...rysettings.asp

I've played with the registry settings and can actually cause the BT head set (Plantronics Explorer 320) initiate.. (short button press then a long button press) If I can figure out how to make it give an "AT+BVRA" command (Enables or disables voice recognition in the AG "Audio Gateway") I see it working..

Just don't know what the heck I'm doing though.
    Has anyone found a satisfying BT headset for the 700w. I tried Plantronics 510 - Great for indoors, but terrible outside, SonyEricsson 608 - too much static, Motorola H700 - too much static even 1 feet away.
    All these headsets work great with other phones, but all suck with the 700w... Next I'm gonna try the Treo Wireless Headset, hopefully thats bearable...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete411
    Has anyone found a satisfying BT headset for the 700w.
    I use the Jabra BT350, works great, clear sound, no static even when a few feet away. The vibrate feature takes getting used to, at first I always disabled it.
    My Motorola 850 headset is OK. The treo cant seem to sit in my back pocket & have a clear conversation on the treo using the headset.

Are they all like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by webraider
    I guess this would be a bad time to rub it in and say that voice dialing works great with the BT 350 and a Treo 650! Go Palm OS!
    Anytime would be a bad time to say that.
    Has anyone used this:

VoiceDial 2.1 for Treo 700w
    http://xrl.us/kpkz
    VoiceDial 2.1 enables you to place calls by name/number.
    Speak the name or number - VoiceDial 2.1 does the rest.
    VoiceDial 2.1 supports BlueTooth.

Does anyone know if Bluetooth support enables Bluetooth Voice Dialing?

Also, is possible using some of the A2DP hack stuff that has been released to open up the Audio in voice gateway to voice dial?
    Quote Originally Posted by karterius
    Has anyone used this:

VoiceDial 2.1 for Treo 700w

Does anyone know if Bluetooth support enables Bluetooth Voice Dialing?
    No it does not.
    I posted this in a forum a while ago, but never got a response...

What would be the effect of using a Bluetooth SD card on a treo 700w. Would it add the profiles that are missing? Would it disable the internal bluetooth, or would both run? If anyone has one I would be really interested to hear the results as well as effects. People have reported choppyness in the A2DP hack, I wonder if it's the internal chipset.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Yeah Right Adattani. Every forum every where says it does'nt work but your's works?
    I emailed him asking him the exact specs on hit BT350... I was wondering whether or not it was the BT350v... I have been wondering if there is any difference in them.. other than one being offered by Verizon of course.
    I confirmed, early on, that my Motorola Bluetooth headset wouldn't "initiate" a voice command, like it used to with my Sony Ericsson P900. The reason? Voice Command won't take an initiation command from the headset. You're right...should be a "no brainer", and yet, so many things done by Microsoft should be a "no brainer". Unfortunately, Microsoft doesn't even have "no brain"...theirs has been replaced with a corporate ego the size of China, and a lack of real "caring" about what their customers want. Their literal attitude is: "We'll give you what we want to give you, and you should change your wants to be that...we're Microsoft, damn it, we're important, and WE set the standard...not you, worm!"

Regards,

Big
    I gave up and purchased the Jabra A210. I now enjoy voice command through my bt headset and listen to my slingplayer through my bt headset driving to work in the mornings. It works great!

http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/...A210/JabraA210

Note that it works with headsets other than Jabra brand. My Anycom HS-890 headset paired up nicely to the Jabra A210.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip
    I gave up and purchased the Jabra A210. I now enjoy voice command through my bt headset and listen to my slingplayer through my bt headset driving to work in the mornings. It works great!

http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/...A210/JabraA210

Note that it works with headsets other than Jabra brand. My Anycom HS-890 headset paired up nicely to the Jabra A210.

So, I take it my Moto HS850 should pair up OK, right?

Also, can I have pairing from my HS850 to the A210 and my Treo 700w?
    (not simltaniously, but just have both avialabe?)

TIA

Paul G
    <><
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsg63
    So, I take it my Moto HS850 should pair up OK, right?

Also, can I have pairing from my HS850 to the A210 and my Treo 700w?
    (not simltaniously, but just have both avialabe?)

TIA

Paul G
    <><
    There is no reason your headset shouldn't pair up ok, but it's always a gamble until you can get verification from someone else. And yes you can pair to both the A210 and 700w. I have it set up that way right now. When I want to use the A210 I just disable bluetooth on my 700w.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip
    There is no reason your headset shouldn't pair up ok, but it's always a gamble until you can get verification from someone else. And yes you can pair to both the A210 and 700w. I have it set up that way right now. When I want to use the A210 I just disable bluetooth on my 700w.
    Awsome info!!!! Thanks for the quick response!

Paul G
    <><
  17. SHV
    How do you use the A210 to initiate voice command calls through the headset? I thought that you needed to first press whatever button activates the VC (I use the side button that used to be I think windows media)? Even if it worked, wouldn'tt you have to 1) press the VC initiatee button then 2) press a BT headset button and then perhaps even something else?

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHV
    How do you use the A210 to initiate voice command calls through the headset? I thought that you needed to first press whatever button activates the VC (I use the side button that used to be I think windows media)? Even if it worked, wouldn'tt you have to 1) press the VC initiatee button then 2) press a BT headset button and then perhaps even something else?

thanks.
    If you have a bt headset that supports voice dialing it has a button sequence that initiates VC. On mine I just have to push the small button on my headset and then I hear the VC tone and say "Call Joe Smith at home" and away it goes. I don't touch anything on the 700w.
    Now I think people are getting confused. Does it activate Microsofts voice command that is built into the 700w or does it activate the voice command built into the A210 box? How is this different then adding a bluetooth SDIO card? Would they have the same affect without the dongle. How does it pair exactly, like does the 700w detect the box or something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by karterius
    Now I think people are getting confused. Does it activate Microsofts voice command that is built into the 700w or does it activate the voice command built into the A210 box? How is this different then adding a bluetooth SDIO card? Would they have the same affect without the dongle. How does it pair exactly, like does the 700w detect the box or something else.
    It activates Microsofts voice command that is built into the 700w. I doubt it's different from a SDIO bluetooth card. The A210 doesn't pair with the 700w. It plugs into the 2.5mm headset jack. Your headset pairs with the A210.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast