Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You lucky dog! I wish mine did that!?! Okay now I suppose you are going to tell me that you can play MP3/Music through your headset as well. Do you have any find of driver or special 3rd part software on your phone to make this happen? If not I can only assume that this is some sort of glitch between the 700w and the Headset. Clearly the headset supports sending the AT command... e.g. when you tap the button it does send the Voice command. In my case the phone does not turn on the Microphone... in your case it does! That really suprises me . Sounds like a bug... or a feature in your case. You are using a VZW 700w correct? What is the hardware and OS rev? You can get that from the info screen.

doug
    Last edited by dhegge; 01/12/2006 at 06:44 AM.
  2.    #22  
    when you hold the button on my motorola headset for 5 seconds it launches a program that dials the last phone number called.

Does someone know how we could remap the button to launch voice command instead?
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    The 350 does the same thing on the 700W. If you hold it down for 2 or 3 seconds, it automatically dials the last number you called.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    What I would really like to see is a BT headset that would work with both my Treo and my office phone and give me the option to answer one or the other so I could just wear it all day and answer whichever phone rings!
    Quote Originally Posted by nuflat
    What I would really like to see is a BT headset that would work with both my Treo and my office phone and give me the option to answer one or the other so I could just wear it all day and answer whichever phone rings!
    Plantronics voyager does this
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Great! That's exactly what I am looking for, although I'm not too hip about the design. I have to get one to try it out.
    Great! That's exactly what I am looking for, although I'm not too hip about the design. I have to get one to try it out.
    You need the base station (sold seperately) to use it with your office phone
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    I just noticed that, I was looking at them on eBay and found one for $180.00. If it worked well, which plantronics usually does, then I would be happy to pay that.
    I just noticed that, I was looking at them on eBay and found one for $180.00. If it worked well, which plantronics usually does, then I would be happy to pay that.
    my headset works great. I tried and retired six other headsets, but this one has been awsome
    So, if I understand this correctly the fact that voice recognition/dialing via a BT Headset is not a bluetooth headset issue. It is a shortcoming of the Microsoft voice recognition software used in Mobile 5.0. If thats the case are all Mobile 5.0 devices lacking this feature?

Is there any 3rd party software that can be used to enable this feature?
    VoiceSignal allows tag-based dialing via the bluetooth headset on many WM5 devices, such as the HTC Universal.

Surur
    Am going to risk sounding stupid but what is tag-based dialing? and can it be done on the Treo 700?
    MS Voice command is speaker independent, and you dont have to train it for each contact. With voice signal you have to record a voice tag for each contact you want to voice dial. It works well, but would be extremely cumbersome for a large contact list. Also its not available for sale to consumers, but can probable be transplanted from devices that have it.

Surur
    Maybe adattani doesn't have the only Jabra BT-350 that actually engages the voice command. I just picked up mt 700w last night and got the Jabra with it. A little bit of playing around and I found if I hold the main earpiece button down for a "long second" until I hear a beep (just like when pressing the side button on the 700 I mapped for voice command) then speak the name of the person I want to call it initiates the voice command function. Pretty cool!!
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Well If I press my button on my BT-350 down for a short second and press my mapped button on the side of the phone for voice command and the speak the name of the person I want to call into the phone while wearing the headset, it initiates the call.
    What I was trying to describe was that with my 700 in my belt pouch, all I have to do is hold the headset button down for a long second until I hear a beep through it, then speak "call John Smith". Voice command functions on this headset for me without ever touching my Treo. Needless to say, I'm real happy to have this function.
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicaffair
    What I was trying to describe was that with my 700 in my belt pouch, all I have to do is hold the headset button down for a long second until I hear a beep through it, then speak "call John Smith". Voice command functions on this headset for me without ever touching my Treo. Needless to say, I'm real happy to have this function.
    I don't think this is true. It is posted in many forums that wm5 doesn't support voice command through the headset. Holding down your button for a long second will initiate the redial function not the voice command. A good test would be to cover the microphone piece on the phone up with your thumb then try to issue a voice command. I'm guessing that this is working for you because the microphone on your treo is picking up your voice.
    I am with Cooperlab this does not work... holding the button down for a second initiates a redial so I suppose if you called Fred Smith last it would call Fred Smith, but that is hardly voice dial. Perhpas you were testing this calling yourself at home or something? I really wish this feature would work, but I have all but given up on it at this point.

We might be able to remap the Redial program to Voice Command program, but it is still not going to accept the commands through BT headset. You would have to speak into the Microphone which if if it is on your belt would be difficult, atleast for me.

Doug
    Hi Does anyone think that Palm will have this in the 700p??? take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    We need a clever proggrammer to create a program that will initiate when the headset button is tapped. The program needs to receive the audio from the headset and send that audio to the voice command app. We are talking about major $$$ for the genius that can pull this off.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast