1.    #1  
    So I got Verizon's Wireless sync to work but the mail delivery didn't seem like a true 'push'. It would claim, on my workstation, that it was updating my phone pretty much any and every time a single piece of email or contact change was made... almost immediately. However my phone wouldn't claim to have received anything until anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours later. That time frame just doesn't work for me at all, I want instant or near instant pushed results.

So now I'm trying to get it to work with POP3 or IMAP4 directly with our Exchange 2000 server but am having no luck with connectivity there and even then I don't think it's going to 'push', but rather just periodically check, which may wear my battery down pretty fast if I set it to check every 5 minutes or so, and I'm also not even sure if it's going to sync my contacts and such either.

So I'm kinda thinking I shouldn't have uninstalled wireless sync... maybe I should give it another try. But what's up with the delayed push? I can't find any settings to change to affect that either on my phone or on my workstation.

Help!
    WS is not true push for me at all...seems like it just queues my imap server every now and then, copies the mail, and then when it gets around to it, sends it off to me. hardly push. i think the 700w is broken right now since it does not keep it's data port open (always has to dial that #777). how can you ever get true push if the phone has to always dial that before the mail gets to you?

unless i'm missing something...

maybe someone can explain to me how WS is true push? or is it only true push when it is tied with an exchange server?
    Last edited by dreborn; 01/12/2006 at 12:46 AM.
    ok...so now i get it...WS actually pushes email to your treo within 5-10 seconds once it gets INTO WS. But the problem is that it only checks my imap server every 10-15 minutes. anyway to increase that checking or even to forward my mail to my WS account? i know that doesn't make sense but there has to be a way to get the mail to WS quicker...