1.    #1  
    no matter what i do i can't have my email accounts check automatically. i have a hotmail account that i have to manually send/receive each time eventhough it is set to download every 10 min. i also have a WS account that is set to download when i have new mail (right?).

Also, is there any way to set it where when i send an email it AUTOMATICALLY sends it instead of just sitting in my outbox till i manually send/receive?

i love the treo 700w coming from my blackberry 7100g but wow...when it comes to email blackberry still is king by a long shot.
    please tell us your complete settings for email....i have aol imap running great.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by dreborn
    no matter what i do i can't have my email accounts check automatically. i have a hotmail account that i have to manually send/receive each time eventhough it is set to download every 10 min. i also have a WS account that is set to download when i have new mail (right?).
    I have the same issue with the Hotmail function in that it will not check for new messages even though I have it set to do so every 10 minutes.

However I might have found the problem and it has to do with what the account you last viewed in the messaging function was. For example if I recieve a text message, read it, delete it, then click OK to take me back to the Today screen my messaging function stays in the "Text Message" function. However, if I change over to the Hotmail screen then back out to the Today screen it seems to work.

If this is how it is supposed to work then what is the point of it? It should check for messages in the background no matter what you are currently viewing.
  4.    #4  
    i think you're right..."Hotmail" has to stay open. that is just poor thinking/programming. what's the point of having automatic downloads if it's not automatic...everything has to be just right.

my WS is actually working now...don't know why but I woke up and I had new mail. =)

any idea on the send problem/question? can i get mail to actually SEND once i hit the send button instead of just going into my outbox?
    Quote Originally Posted by dreborn View Post
    ... any idea on the send problem/question? can i get mail to actually SEND once i hit the send button instead of just going into my outbox?
    Has this ever been resolved? Even with my IMAP acct., I have to wait until the next scheduled send/receive to send my new email on its way (unless, I, of course, make the extra effort to do it manually.)
    SONY Z100 (Sprint) --> Motorola StarTac 7868 (Sprint) --> Handspring Visor Deluxe --> Motorola V8160 (Verizon) --> Blackberry 957 (Cingular w/ GoodLink) --> PalmOne Treo 600 (TMobile w/ GoodLink) --> Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM on TMobile) with HBH-662 BT Headset --> Treo 700 w/x (Sprint) with iGuidance V3 / GlobalSat BT-359W GPS