1.    #1  
    I assumed that since the Treo 700w is windows-based, the videos that I film and send via email would be viewable on a Windows PC. I guess I'm expecting too much. The file arrives on a PC as a ".3g2" file, and Windows doesn't recognize it. Using the "use the Internet to find an app" solution takes me to a list of extensions which says
    3GPP and 3GPP2 are the new worldwide standards for the creation, delivery and playback of multimedia over 3rd generation, high-speed wireless networks. Defined by the 3rd Generation Partnership Project and 3rd Generation Partnership Project 2 respectively, these standards seek to provide uniform delivery of rich multimedia over newly evolved, broadband mobile networks (3rd generation networks) to the latest multimedia-enabled wireless devices. 3GPP and 3GPP2 are based on the MPEG-4 standard which was derived from Apple's QuickTime. QuickTime 6.5 includes support for key components of the 3GPP and 3GPP2 specifications.

So I tried saving the file to my desktop and then playing it in quicktime. That doesn't work either. Any idea what's going on here?
    What version of quicktime do you have?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

it worked on my quicktime player, so you'll probably need to update it
    In my video capture mode...I can go mpeg4 or 3ggp2. Have you gone into the options (remember I have wm2003)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quicktime opens and plays my 700w videos automatically, so it's likely a version issue or something unique to your local configuration (gawd, I sound like a useless support tech).

How's this for irony: Palm hardware, running Windows OS, that requires Apple software to see its native video in Windows desktop. Who'da thunkit?
  6.    #6  
    Hi Gungho, and thanks for the suggestion. When I go to options, Camera, it says "Type filename prefix", but there is no drop down menu of choices; it's filled in with "img".
    Consider using Quicktime Alternative (freeware/no-nagware/no-spyware), http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm
  8.    #8  
    Perhaps I don't have the type of plan to send video??? I signed up for unlimited internet and like 400 minutes for $79; I don't have text messaging...I've upgraded my quicktime and it still doesn't read these files.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_MA
    Quicktime opens and plays my 700w videos automatically, so it's likely a version issue or something unique to your local configuration (gawd, I sound like a useless support tech).

How's this for irony: Palm hardware, running Windows OS, that requires Apple software to see its native video in Windows desktop. Who'da thunkit?
    Yeah, it is kinda ironic...but remember it is Sprint that determines the video format support and 3gp is the standard used these days by most wireless networks for streaming video...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by demichae
    Hi Gungho, and thanks for the suggestion. When I go to options, Camera, it says "Type filename prefix", but there is no drop down menu of choices; it's filled in with "img".
    See if you can change from camera to video? Each has their different options (just a guess, since I don't have WM5). i.e. I have different options under camera and video.

I faced the same problem, and found free software on the Web that converts .3g2 files to more popular formats such as .mpg

Cant locate the specifics at the moment, but a Google search should locate it pretty quickly. Good luck...