Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    WTF? I found a dead pixel on my 700w!!!

Its going back

New one shipping to me (I hope...just emailed my account rep).

Does anyone know of a Dead Pixel Tester for WM5???? Just something that displays different colors on the screen like the pixel testers for monitors....

Have two 24" monitors and they both have at least one dead pixel a piece. I dont notice them unless I search really hard with the Dead Pixel Tester. On the 700w though it really bugs.
    for your trouble I would ask them to throw in a extra 32 mb of ram!
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    I just told them the screen was defective since I didnt want to get in an argument over dead pixels being a defect.

Either way we get 30 days to return devices for any reason so I'm not expecting a fight. I think consumers only get 14 days though so keep that in mind if anyone bought at a retail store.

Once MSFP comes out will be getting at least 5 more
    I dont think anyone is going to need the memory upgrade though as they will all just use them for Exchange email/contacts and phone.
    Any pictures?
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    No

I noticed it when loading GSPlayer (WM5 beta version works great!) It has a black background... there was a bright blue pixel on in the middle top of the screen.. now that I know its there I see it all the time in other apps.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Mobile ScreenTester 1.0
    http://www.pocketgear.com/software_d...ssociateid=204

Trying this now...
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Warning about Mobile ScreenTester 1.0.

It works but crashes every so often. You may want to possibly soft reset after using.

The installer comes with the following cab files listed below. Anyone know which one it uses for the Treo 700w? I like to install from cab files so that I never have to hook my WM devices up to desktop Activesync.

Mobile ScreenTester_PPC.ARM.CAB
    Mobile ScreenTester_PPC.ARMV4.CAB
    Mobile ScreenTester_PPC.MIPS.CAB
    Mobile ScreenTester_PPC.SH3.CAB
    Mobile ScreenTester_PPC.WCE420X86.CAB
    Mobile ScreenTester_PPC.X86.CAB

Iím guessing Mobile ScreenTester_PPC.ARM.CAB is the one but am not sure.

I have one very obvious dead pixel with one or two iffy ones
    I have gone through two treos already. One purchased off of ebay, the other, purchased from a verizon wireless store. It frustrates me because I only found the dead pixel in the second treo 14 days after I purchased it. It frustrates me so much.

Any suggestions on what to do about this? I COULD get a refurb from the data department.. =/ argh.
    i just bought my treo from the VZW store two days ago. Will they hassle me for taking it back for a dead pixel or will they gladly return it?

Also will i get a refurbished phone or a new one?