Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Could it be done?
    since a pc and can run various OS I was just curious.
    Im not sure what if any advantages there would be in trying.
    Is this even possible?
    Does a "driver stack" need to be written?
    Wow...granted my programming knowledge is extremely limited, this is a great question. If it could be done, an early answer to a next-gen Treo with Palm OS???
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    You would have to change the screen at least. I don't think palm os can run on 240x240. Or maybe it could run lo-res on 44% of the 700w's screen.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Wrong forum. Mods..
  5. lua
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    Could it be done?
    Is this even possible?
    the 700's hardware spec isn't much better than the 650 (and the lcd ... lmao). i would think any emulation would be too taxing for the system unless you are going for the ancient 160x160 low res mode of palmos. on the other hand, the inferior lcd (still lmao) might free up the cpu a little ...
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
    We've already been discussing this. We believe it might be possible to transplant a 650 screen into a 700w (provided they use the same LCD driver - sony) and then cross flash palm os onto it. Provided all the GPIO lines are the same, it will work. And provided the cellular modem actually is the evdo interface, and not some driver, it'll even work properly on evdo but just not show it.
  7. lua
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    We've already been discussing this. We believe it might be possible to transplant a 650 screen into a 700w (provided they use the same LCD driver - sony) and then cross flash palm os onto it. Provided all the GPIO lines are the same, it will work. And provided the cellular modem actually is the evdo interface, and not some driver, it'll even work properly on evdo but just not show it.
    wow. cool. probably if someone can put a socket where the nand flash chip is (assuming it uses similar architecture as 650), it might be possible to have a dual boot 700 with a switch of a chip.
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Shadow is anyone going to try it?
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    Could it be done?
    Is this even possible?
    You can run PalmOS app on WM devices using styletap:

http://styletap.com/

Should work on the 700w though haven't read any comments yet regarding this...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    And it still has the same @#$#& 32MB of RAM so I think this is a wasted effort, IMHO!!!