1.    #1  
    Every phone forum has to have a thread like this!

Here is my wish list:

1) 256 mb storage (if not 512 mb) -- memory is cheap now a days.

2) 64 mb RAM (if not 128 mb or even 256 mb)

3) Integrated WIFI

4) VGA screen

5) The same form factor (without the antenna) but with a twist. The screen would slide up to give a normal WM device screen size. When it is slide down it looks just like it does now with it's brilliant small form factor, but when it is up you have all the advantages that all of the other WM devices have wth a normal WM device sized screen.

If this phone was offered I think it would blow the socks off the WM world.......I know I would be calling all of my personal contacts to pull all the strings I could to have the first phone available!
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/10/2006 at 09:24 PM.
    Hobbes, I don't disagree, for the most part.

Sliding keyboards/Sliding anything absolutely stink. They take away from the wonderfulness of operating the device with a single hand (I have the PPC 6601 too!). For those of us "power E-Mail" users, sliding keyboards/sliding anything to reveal the keyboard is a real waste of time. I cannot stand having to "whip out" the keyboard every single time I have to respond to a message. But once again, that's just me!

Maybe I read your message wrong but I don't think I did.

regards
  3.    #3  
    No...it is an exposed keyboard and looks just like does now. You never have have to slide anything if you don't want to. But if you want to view a spreadsheet, go landscape on the net, etc... you slide the screen up to make the screen only longer.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Leave out the WiFi and antenna and throw in faster Broadband Data and Voice simultaneously and im good
  5.    #5  
    EVDV is coming faster than we think....once the EVDO network is laid out, the next step is a lot easier!
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    oh.. and at least 512MHz...like the i730 has.
  7.    #7  
    It needs to clean my room.
  9.    #9  
    Na...we will save that for the Palm OS Treo wish list.
    Oh and don't forget built-in GPS, Bluetooth 1.2, 802.11G (or better), and built-in projector capabilities. Top that off with an Unlimited Data Plan at less than half the current price and THAT would be the ultimate!
  11.    #11  
    Let's keep it somewhat realistic.... .....as far as GPS....I say have a port in the back of the phone so you can buy an add on GPS unit that snaps onto the back of the phone. That way when you don't need the big GPS antenna or box, you can just snap it off and put it in your pocket.
    Isn't this the same wish list that was intended for the 700w?
    Yeah, screw the stupid popup screens and whatnot. It just makes for another thing to get loose, break, or just feel cheap. I hate gimmick phones...hence the reason I stick with the Treo line. All of these (i730, 6600, 6700) phones are a joke to use one handed and they all feel cheap after some use. The Treo line is the only one that stands up to the wear and tear of everyday use.
  14.    #14  
    Just like I had to replace my Treo 4 times in 10 months? (Keys falling, screen stop responding to touch, lights failing, etc...) That averaged to 2.5 months life expendance.

With my PPC-6600, I had two issues with out of the box and then it has lasted for 13 months without a lick of trouble. They are all made by the same guys with the same issues.