1.    #1  
    I have read this on a few message boards. Anyone here notice that their local VZ store has sold out of these?
    I was told by the local (Indianapolis) store reps that each store only received one device in the area for the initial offering. I called around to each store and they confirmed - 1 device, which was sold by noon in almost all cases. The store reps then said it would take at least a week or more to get any additional in. I mentioned that I would try the phone support or online.. they laughed and said it would be worse... bottom line, I called customer support the same day and had the phone delivered to my door the next. Not sure if all areas of the country have as bad as customer service as the Indy area, but this is pretty typical... we have been customers since before Verizon was Verizon in this area... phone support has always been superior.. give them a try.

I thought that one device per store for the debut of the 700w was pretty silly... I don't think the stores know their customers very well around here... at least 3 other people behind me were in for the same reason and equally dismayed at the flippant attitude... not even an offer to order for next in-store shipment.

I was quite pleased that the phone support folks were very helpful in getting a dscount and rapid shipment for me!!
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    I called every Chicago VZW store since last weekend, and they are all out of the 700w.
    They said probably more will be shipped this friday, but possibly next friday.
    I just ended up buying mine over the phone w/Verizon for $379.
    ($499 - $100 promo - $20 "online" bonus savings) which should be at my doorstep in 2 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by cognetic
    I was told by the local (Indianapolis) store reps that each store only received one device in the area for the initial offering. I called around to each store and they confirmed - 1 device, which was sold by noon in almost all cases. The store reps then said it would take at least a week or more to get any additional in. I mentioned that I would try the phone support or online.. they laughed and said it would be worse... bottom line, I called customer support the same day and had the phone delivered to my door the next. Not sure if all areas of the country have as bad as customer service as the Indy area, but this is pretty typical... we have been customers since before Verizon was Verizon in this area... phone support has always been superior.. give them a try.

I thought that one device per store for the debut of the 700w was pretty silly... I don't think the stores know their customers very well around here... at least 3 other people behind me were in for the same reason and equally dismayed at the flippant attitude... not even an offer to order for next in-store shipment.

I was quite pleased that the phone support folks were very helpful in getting a dscount and rapid shipment for me!!

I'm from Indy also, and one store told me March for the release of the 700w. I think they we're just getting tired of people asking, so they started making things up (unless they really didn't have a clue) I have never had a problem with Verizon in the Indy area or customer support. As far as ordering the phone, they told me it'd be easier to order it online and I would probably get mine in before they could get one in for me. I should have it tomorrow.
    Berkeley CA, all sold out. I got the last one.