1.    #1  
    I am returning my 700w for a new one since I am having battery issues (under 14 days so why not?) and I was curious how my data stored on the wireless sync server will change? obviously I want to download all the info on WS server to my new device. anything special i have to do? how should i go about the upgrade/change?

Thanks!
    The data at the WS website can be easily sync'd up with your new device. I've bounced between a Treo 600, Kyocera 7135 and an Audiovox XV6600 with no problems. Some of the fields are different from POS to WM but that is a different issue.
  3.    #3  
    got the new one, started WS, entered my password, and a min later had all my stuff loaded back perfectly without a hitch. lovin life
    Yes. I hate WS but the ability to swap out to any supported device is very good.
  5.    #5  
    y don't u like WS? so far i love it
    Wait until it trashes your calendar entries and attachments. I've used WS since it came out in 2004 and my assistant has had to "fix" my calendar over a dozen times. I haven't told her why it keeps happening. She just figures it is a "computer problem". In a sense, she is right.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I've never had any problem with wireless sync on my 600. Used it since 2004. Sometimes its not as quick as I'd like, but it works pretty well. And over time, I think they've improved it.

What did it do to your calendar?
    It shifted entries from one hour to 15 hours spanning over 2 days sometimes. These were recurring entries with invitees so this screwed up other calendars as well. I think it is only a problem with Domino Notes. Intellisync claims to support it but doesn't do it very well.

VZW apologizes for the problem and suggests I get a Blackberry. yeah, right! I'm hoping Blackberry Connect solves all of my email woes. In the meanwhile, I'll go back to using SEVEN.
  9.    #9  
    hmm...bummer..i personally love having all my contacts backed up on the wireless sync server. But i miss seeing/editing my calender on my big desktop screen. Maybe that's what I'll do...i'll use outlook on my pc to sync my calender and WS to sync contacts/email. foolproof... =)
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    It shifted entries from one hour to 15 hours spanning over 2 days sometimes. These were recurring entries with invitees so this screwed up other calendars as well. I think it is only a problem with Domino Notes. Intellisync claims to support it but doesn't do it very well.

Yup, that would tick me off, too.

In any event, I've used wireless sync from my desktop (connected to an MS exchange server) and it has worked pretty well. It is fairly prompt with pushing the email and other sync items over, usually a minute or two, or less. It has never actually changed any entries.

At least I can verify that there were other people at all the meetings I went to.