1.    #1  
    Hi,
    I am going to pick up my 700 tomorrow and would like to buy a WIFI card while there.. Has anyone actually used the WIFI card with their 700 yet? How was it? How fast will it drain the battery? And what is the best SD Card to buy for this? Thanks!!!!
    I have used the socket SDIO card that they sell at the treocentral.com store. It works perfectly. Just make sure to download the newest drivers from socket's website.
    Last edited by COPPERLAB; 01/10/2006 at 04:15 PM.
    well - a friend of mine let me borrow his palmOne-branded Wi-Fi card, and I have to say - I'm amazed. Not amazed at the Wi-Fi speed - that was to be expected. what blew me away was the ability to be on an active data session AND conduct a live phone call - all at the SAME TIME. Yes - both together. Same time.
    Will any Windows Mobile 5 device allow this, given the proper card? I did nothing special whatsover - just popped the card in & it instantly found my home network...

Blew me away. Conduct live calls while also surfing and/or sending email/downloading vids/watching MobiTV.

Amazing.
    the ppc 6700 lets you do this without losing access to your memory card..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    What's the status on the combo Wifi+memory SD cards? I believe that they only had 256MB of RAM, but that might be adequate for some uses. Has anyone tried one with the 700w?
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63
    What's the status on the combo Wifi+memory SD cards? I believe that they only had 256MB of RAM, but that might be adequate for some uses. Has anyone tried one with the 700w?
    Drivers would need to be released. That one was created by Sandisk and last I remember they didn't announce any plans for an update. Given how many devices have built in WiFi, I can't imagine the demand for such a product is very high...