1.    #1  
    1. No LED notification light with new emails/calls? Does it have option like 650 to have this?

2. Using AOL Imap - I can't get "sent" mail or saved mail to show up in account folder listings.

3. The device keeps giving me this message bubble - "Cannot connect, the answering modem has disconnected...." - whats this?

4. Active Sync keeps trying to connect even while away from desktop - anyone to stop this?

Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    1. You have an email light on your 650? Wow, I didn't on my 650.

2. Email settings are much more elaborate, when you get the settings right, it will send. Or are you looking to get previously sent messages? If so, why?

3. Yes the connection status bubbles are stupid and annoying, not sure how to make them perminantly hidden, but I am interested in finding out if there is a way to hide them... My temp solution is to trun off email polling and just send/rec manually.

4. Active sync just keeps the thing sync'd... Hot Sync with Palm OS, needs you to hit the button, but AS is supposed to be an 'always on' thing.
    I am still considering whether to move from the 650 to the 700 and have been reading these psots with great interest. Can you set the 700 up to just allow manual hot syncs and not have it sync automatically? I like to keep the Treo in the cradle to charge the battery, but don't want it to be always syncing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lnoble
    I am still considering whether to move from the 650 to the 700 and have been reading these psots with great interest. Can you set the 700 up to just allow manual hot syncs and not have it sync automatically? I like to keep the Treo in the cradle to charge the battery, but don't want it to be always syncing.
    No, but it doesn't matter. Always sync'd is superior to manual.

Its like asking if you can push your car instead of driving it.
    Actually, it is not superior for me. I'm syncing between two computers and am adding and deleting appointments during the day. There are times when I would prefer not to let it sync, but want it charging. I think of it like wanting to get into my car without having to start the engine each time. (Not a perfect analogy, but it will have to do.) I guess if I decide to take to make the jump, I'll just have to plug in the charger separate from the cradle when I don't want to sync.
    Does the 700 come with a cradle?
    My understanding is that it doesn't come with a cradle, but the cradle for the 650 will work. However, the Hotsync button on the cradle doesn't work when used on the 700. I guess they figured that you wouldn't need it with Active Sync.
    No need for button.
    You can use cardexport ii. Set to activesync when you need sync, set to SD card reader when you need a card reader and don't want it synced.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.