Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 476
  1. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    #161  
    You know, I almost lamented at the fact that the 6700 has a larger screen and more memory. My boss has a 650 and I have the 700, so we are the only Treo guys in the office. My coworker wants a 6700 for herself, and 2 other managers have 6700 hundreds.

    Then I'd play with one a while and remember what sickened me about the whole thing in the first place-that damn keyboard! So plz God, allow the PPC Techs to upgrade the treo 700 to 64 megs of ram so that I can sleep easy at night
  2. #162  
    so with all this discussion, what Else can we do? We can remove VC, but what else? What else can i delete?
  3. #163  
    You can turn Voice Command off and so far I have 13-14MB. I soft reset after AS is done with my exchange account. You can also try SK Tools which has a nice FREE RAM app that will clear up some of the stuff you lost. I have several tools that "clear up
    RAM" funny how they don't actually do that, but SK FREE RAM does.
  4. #164  
    Any one have any idea if PPT are making any headway with this?
  5. #165  
    err ment PPC Techs
  6. #166  
    By the time PPCTechs geta around to facing the fact and admitting that they cannot do this memory upgrade, the next-gen Treo will be due for arrival (conveniently, with 64MB).

    Facing the music is just so out of fashion these days. It's like avoidance is the new black.
  7. #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by notsofast
    By the time PPCTechs geta around to facing the fact and admitting that they cannot do this memory upgrade, the next-gen Treo will be due for arrival (conveniently, with 64MB).

    Facing the music is just so out of fashion these days. It's like avoidance is the new black.
    yes of course, the mythical new windows killing palm device, I almost forgot
  8. #168  
    You would think it was the Ipod of handheld devices.

    Is it just me, or is there just a tad bit of elitism floating around these parts?
  9. #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWuser
    Is it just me, or is there just a tad bit of elitism floating around these parts?
    Elitism (WM5?) VS Sacred Cows (Palm?) Is that your point? I don't get it, if so. This is about a memory upgrade for the 700w, isn't it?
  10. #170  
    I feel they are trying to get the memory to work without special drivers or they are running into issues that they can't speak about. My thoughts, but if they get it working mine will go.

    One side note, I know that Palm does NOT learn any life lessons ever but WM users are not as willing to wait around for the slow deployment of features we expect out of the box. My Treo works, and works the way they intended it to but not how I use it.
  11. #171  
    I agree. If they get it to work, mine's going. I love my Treo and it works great. But some more Ram would really be beneficial. I used to do a lot more on my old iPaq.
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcmd
    One side note, I know that Palm does NOT learn any life lessons ever but WM users are not as willing to wait around for the slow deployment of features we expect out of the box. My Treo works, and works the way they intended it to but not how I use it.
    You wouldn't know that by some of the posts on the 700w! People are doing exactly what they did with the 650, figuring out how to deal, and still claim the device is the next thing to God! How does Palm get away with this again??
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  13. #173  
    Lady Treo,
    Not to hurt or slam, but you seem to have a lot of anger about the Treo's.

    Compared to everything else I tried I still love the Treo 700w. The iPaq 6900 maybe close, but it's still a month or 2 or 3 or 4 away for USA. But the Start and OK keys are not placed as easily accessible as the 700w. Plus Palm did a lot of unique things with the 700w, the speed dial and the other Dial today plugin are great.

    Moreover, since Palm has such a cult following the 700w has PUSHED developers into making 'square aware' WM programs. When it was just the iPaq 6500, nobody cared to develop ANY square programs.

    I have had both Palm and WM devices and WM is definately better than Palm. Apparently you've tried WM5 devices as well, the 700w is not perfect by any means, but compared to all the rest it's the BEST One-handed, Pocket PC Phone there is.

    I don't want to offend, I just wanted to add my 2 cents.
  14. #174  
    It's against Palm and the limitations they put on the Treo. As much as I love the 650, the same memory issue applies. But yet their PDAs in the $300 and up range get decent memory.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  15. #175  
    It is strange. But we (Palm Treo Owners) are not alone. I see it with HP and others as well. Like the 6500, it was at least one-year outdated when they released it. And now their 6900 comes with mini-usb 1.1 (instead of 2.0) and 802.11b (not g).

    I too, wish these manufactures would step up to the plate and make today's gadgets with today's technology, not yesterday's tech.
  16. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    You wouldn't know that by some of the posts on the 700w! People are doing exactly what they did with the 650, figuring out how to deal, and still claim the device is the next thing to God! How does Palm get away with this again??
    Well, go look up a 6700 forum...same thing. i730? Go check. Every single PDA phone has issues, some more than others 4 sure, but all in all I like this phone a lot. I have solved most of my problems, sacrificed a little also, but all in all I find WM5 to be pretty stable. However some kinks I may never figure out with this thing. Once in a while the phone freezes on an incoming call and I can't pick up. Can't get a straight answer either. Apparently combining a phone and mini-pc is a lot more complicated than it sounds!
  17. #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat
    ...all in all I find WM5 to be pretty stable...
    Agreed. I reset a couple of times a day because I want better performance or want to run an app that can't run because of the memory leakage (largely due to push email). However, I've yet to have this phone reset on its own in the 2 months I've had it. This is the first pdaphone that has this record for me and I've been using them for 4 years now.

    I'm satisfied (for now) and I'd be delighted if it had more memory.
  18. #178  
    me too! woohoo! love this thing and hated my palm 600 and 650, especially my xv6601...this one is for me! love this thing and i enjoy the wm5 experience...i personally couldn't stand the palm os....antiquated. this thing works!
  19. #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by dyerucf
    Any one have any idea if PPT are making any headway with this?
    We are at a roadblock. we have tried everything we can think of, but cannot get the system to recognize the RAM even at a hardware level.

    We are in need of a broken unit that we can remove the CPU off of the motherboard to verify the RAM is wired the way we think it is.

    Does anyone know of a unit with a broken screen or something?
  20. Cartman's Avatar
    Posts
    700 Posts
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    #180  
    Wonder If we can get one of the hardware engineers from Palm to help? Should I ask my contacts at Microsoft to help out?
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions