Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    I'm sorry to hear that the memory upgrade isn't progressing. However, I'm getting used to regular resets to clear up the leaks and keeping open apps that I know I'll need all day. Opening and closing the same ones is causing more memory problems that solving them.

This little device is a great phone and I had forgotten how much I needed that side of my Smartphone.

My wallet is still prepared to invest in the upgrade, however.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Calhoun
    Uggg. Ya know, as I use this device more and more, the whole memory issue is becoming less important. I've never been one to have multiple apps running and maybe I'm naive in thinking this, but I do think that developers will pick up the slack in getting some old favs to work on the Treo and WM5 in general. It still would be nice if they could accomplish the memory upgrade.
    Don't put the burden on developers. My concern is that if everyone but Palm makes phones with 64MB of RAM, then the money is building apps that will have that footprint in mind. There may be greater functionality built in that will make the size an issue only on the 700w -- or that it will need to quit more other apps. While I'm glad that quitting is no big deal, it is a time issue and a pain to do. I know having had Smartphones prior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swap
    From their site:

"Pocket PC Techs is now selling a bundle of accessories for the Palm Treo 700w. Unfortunately, those of you holding out for a RAM upgrade will have to wait as it's not available at this point in time."

Well, that doesn't sound to hopeful. Guess I'll stick with the i730 for now.
    Home FAQs WM2k5 - two bytes of memory configuration
    WM2k5 - two bytes of memory configuration PDF | Print | E-mail
    Written by buzz_lightyear
    Thursday, 07 July 2005
    Hi all,

as i promised, here's how to change memory config on WM2k5.
    The dump shown in the picture is a HIMALAYA SD card OS ROM dump, so offsets are referring to SD dump including header.
    NOT to a nbf or nba or any other file.

Use the standard ways to obtain such dump.
    If you don't know, how to do it, you'd better quit reading this... )

Highlighted in blue is "Program memory", red is "Storage Memory".
    The values are in hex/little endian of course.. )))
    http://buzzdev.net/content/view/19/72/

Please refer PPCTechs to this website.

Surur
    Come On Ppctechs!!!!!! I Believe!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by buckZor
    Come On Ppctechs!!!!!! I Believe!!!!!
    Ok, we'll check into it again.

Regards,

Leonard
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Hey LWesson!

Do you still have the memory chip you took out of the 700w laying around? If you do can you tell us the numbers on it?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Have them post the numbers off the chip they took out of that one 700w...if it actually turned out to be a 64MB chip they took out for another 64MB chip i could understand how embarrassed they would be
    Yes, we would be embarrassed if we did something like that. But we didn't.

The chip removed was a Samsung K4S56163LF 256Mb chip.

We put in an Infineon 512Mb chip.

Regards,

Leonard
    Hi PPCTech. Did you get my note about the ROM modification that needs to be done to see the full 64MB RAM? The ROM needs to be extracted, a simple modification made in a hex editor and then the unit needs to be reflashed with the new ROM. The guys at xda-developers.com have all the tools to do this easily.

Surur
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LWesson

At least now that question is put to bed once and for all!
    Someone got Linux to boot up on a Treo 650. Running Linux should be able to help determine if the 32mb limit is a software or hardware limitation.

www.grack.com
    Thanks for watching! We'll see you next week.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Once this thing is up'ed to 64 megs or memory, it will be a badassed pdaphone and maybe some of these freeware programs will actually work
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl
    Once this thing is up'ed to 64 megs or memory, it will be a badassed pdaphone and maybe some of these freeware programs will actually work
    Give me one that doesn't work. I want to give it a try. All of the programs I am using including Fizz Traveler (with today screen) work just fine.
    The title of this thread is

Upgrading the 700W to 64MB RAM

back on topic please!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc
    The title of this thread is

Upgrading the 700W to 64MB RAM

back on topic please!!!
    Agreed, Back on topic and keep this thread focused on the memory upgrade.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaweil
    Give me one that doesn't work. I want to give it a try. All of the programs I am using including Fizz Traveler (with today screen) work just fine.
    Amen. This stuff that nothing works because of the limited memory is bull, plain and simple.
    <OT posts moved to new thread you can discuss here>

Please remain on topic folk discussing possibility of upgrading 64MB ram on Treo 700w!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by LWesson
    Yes, we would be embarrassed if we did something like that. But we didn't.

Regards,

Leonard
    Did I miss something here? I thought you were taking out a 32MB chip and replacing with a 64MB chip? Where did you get 256 and 512 from?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I'm puzzled about that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by akacaj
    Did I miss something here? I thought you were taking out a 32MB chip and replacing with a 64MB chip? Where did you get 256 and 512 from?
    1 byte = 8 bits.

B: Byte
    b: bit
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    256 divided by 8 is 32, so that means it indeed has only 32?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast