Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324 LastLast
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    I have both...find myself using the Q more(almost exclusively)...would consider using the 700w more if I could get the memory upgraded...but it may be too portly for me now

...battery life is MUCH better on my Q...at least it is for me....almost 2x better...but battery life of my 700w is good enough...about 1.5-2 days usage with my 700w and about 2-4 days with my Q.

The Q is a much better phone..IMO...but still have love for the 700w
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Any chance that we can get this thread back on the topic?
    in truth, the topic of "upgrading the memory" has been beat to death. if and when it happens it will be a glorious and momentus day and i'm sure there will be another grazillion posts on the very subject. until then, wait and watch for NEW devices (some currently available) that come to market which meet the 64mb memory prerequisite. isn't the Treo wx supposed to be the answer?
    The 700wx will answer this concern I am almost 100% sure that I am going to get a 700wx.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    in truth, the topic of "upgrading the memory" has been beat to death. if and when it happens it will be a glorious and momentus day and i'm sure there will be another grazillion posts on the very subject. until then, wait and watch for NEW devices (some currently available) that come to market which meet the 64mb memory prerequisite. isn't the Treo wx supposed to be the answer?
    It is an option but not the answer. The answer is for those of us that bought a treo 700w to get an upgrade so we done have to go out and pay another $700 dollars to have a phone that works the way it should. Plain and simple.
    ^^ i agree. that doesn't mean that this topic hasn't been beat to death. if it comes it comes, and when it does, i'm sure you and every other Treo owner (and then some) will go out and have the service performed.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Some people might be tired of this thread but this thread keeps us informed of what is happening and gives us hope that the topic is possible. And right now with the Treo 700wx coming out it gives us more hope that it could happen.
    I weighed the pros and cons of having the 700W even with its memory issues
    and came to the conclusion that its form, functions and ease of use far
    out way the memory issue "for me". I used to own the HP hw6515 and even
    with the 64 MB it seemed to always hover at 8-12MB. I think with my 2GB
    card and some consistent memory management I will be fine. Who knows?
    Maybe I lucked out and bought a 700W that has the bugs ironed out. So far it
    has been hovering at 11MB and when the memory upgrade is available I will
    definitely jump on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Some people might be tired of this thread but this thread keeps us informed of what is happening and gives us hope that the topic is possible.
    Sadly, there hasn't been any new information to "inform" us here for over 4 months.
    someone call them and ask for an update they can post here?
    Now that the 700wx is known about they may wait to see what Palm did to make the RAM visible and follow the bread trail.
    any updates?
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I'm sure if they have an update they will post.
    the upgrade is now available!

it's called the 700wx
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
    the upgrade is now available!

it's called the 700wx
    Well, I guess I'll be the one to state the obvious. That's not an upgrade. It's a new phone.
  16.    #436  
    If PPCTech had a Treo 700wx to play with, maybe they can see why or why won't the 700w work with PPCTechs upgraded memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neospazzy View Post
    If PPCTech had a Treo 700wx to play with, maybe they can see why or why won't the 700w work with PPCTechs upgraded memory.
    Here's the update. We've been going through the Kernel to figure out what needs to be modified in the OS. One thing we do need to know is what memory chip is in the 700wx. So we need to get ahold of a system and get the exact markings on the RAM chip. There are two different ways for the memory to be configured depending on the type of chip installed.

Anyone have a 700wx we can play with for a few days? We would need to run some tests on it and identify the chip.

Thanks,

Leonard
    Quote Originally Posted by LWesson View Post
    Here's the update. We've been going through the Kernel to figure out what needs to be modified in the OS. One thing we do need to know is what memory chip is in the 700wx. So we need to get ahold of a system and get the exact markings on the RAM chip. There are two different ways for the memory to be configured depending on the type of chip installed.

Anyone have a 700wx we can play with for a few days? We would need to run some tests on it and identify the chip.

Thanks,

Leonard
    Sorry, I can't but if want I could lend you my 700W but you would need to put your own battery in it seeing as the one it came with is dead.
    please please someone lend thema wx!!!
    The solution is simple. PPCTechs just opens a Sprint account and gets the wx. They then test to their satisfaction for 15 days, cancel, and return the phone for little/no expense to them.