Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod
    cmajewsk, .......forget it, ..... it's not worth it.

If you can't add to or create benefits in a thread, please, just don't reply.
    After 379 posts and 44,969 views over 8 months we are no further in the quest for a memory upgrade - nothing much added, and so far no benefits. I never said "forget it" or "it's not worth it". My eyes light up too when I see this topic with new posts, but let's face it, it's not going to happen, and I was just reiterating how others felt in that there will be a new version of the 700w with more memory by the time this "upgrade" happens...

But I'll be sure to heed your advice in the future.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    This thread should be closed. It just brings back bad memories. I will say, having been treo-less for a few months, I received a new treo finally with the new firmware and have noticed a very tangible increase in preformance. I'm very impressed and love my 700w
    cmajewsk, I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to offend. I'm just tired of seeing so many people (usually Palm OS People) post in the Treo700w forum bashing the 700w saying we should just give up. That the 650 has had problems and never was able to be upgraded. We should all give up hope, and Palm OS beats WM hands down. Your post just sounded like a drive by "get over it the 700w sucks" post. And I also understand your pain, when I get an email notificiation about this post, I too get excited and dissappointed when I get here. So I'll try to quit posting in this thread until some real news comes.

Again, I can't say it enough. Bad memories or not. The 700w is awesome, but it definately could have more memory. And I hope against all hopes that the new Sprint 700w has more memory, because then it should make it easier for PPCTechs to figure out the upgrade.

Hopefully, we will know more about the Sprint 700w soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl
    This thread should be closed. It just brings back bad memories.
    I view this thread as a tribute to corporate greed and ignorance. Not only did Palm release a device with memory specs below accepted practice (they do, however, just meet the minimum required ...as a poke in their loyal users' eyes), but they installed the memory in such a proprietary fashion, even a class operation like PPCTechs can't work around Palm's poorly conceived implementation. Never forget this thread.
    The Sprint Treo 700wx has 64MB of Ram

Total: 57.45 MB
    In use: 9.77 MB
    Free: 47.68 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicsnackus
    The Sprint Treo 700wx has 64MB of Ram

Total: 57.45 MB
    In use: 9.77 MB
    Free: 47.68 MB
    I switched *away* from Sprint to Verizon - for my trouble I got more expensive data and less program memory.

I'd type more but it's hard when my fists are clenched so tightly.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence.c.lee
    Maybe if the Sprint 700wx really has twice the memory, and PPC Techs can get their hands on one, they can figure out how to up our vzw treos.
    Is anyone from PPC Techs still following this thread? Could analyzing the 700wx help in upgrading the 700w, or are the ROMs too different?
    I am contemplating trying out the 700wx it looks like a very nice upgrade from the 700w.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Definately. If my 700w had more memory. I'd be in HEAVEN! COME ON PPCTechs! You can DOOO IIITTTT!
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I am calling Verizon Wireless to find out if they card getting this phone.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Maybe a conspiracy theory or me just having too much time at work But it could be possible that Palm already had the 700wx in the pipeline and tied PPCTechs hands in regards to any kind of memory upgrade solution? Hmmm.
    I'd like to see PPCTechs offer MORE than 64MB memory given the 700wx.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Just give me enough memory so I am not having to perform a soft reset every day. Sometimes twice a day.
    Leonard,

Will reverse-engineering the 700WX give you the info you need to perform the upgrade successfully?

It IS ironic that Palm figured this out in time to release another device. I'm sure the GSM one will be similarly up-gunned as well. Sprint 1, Verizon 0....

Skip
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    I am calling Verizon Wireless to find out if they card getting this phone.
    I already called a business rep and they are trying to pretend that this phone (700wx) doesn't exist.

This probably means that Sprint is getting a little quid pro quo from Palm for the initial VZW exclusive period on the original 700w.
    I called Sprint last night and they were very open about information on the 700wx. It will be available 8/31 he said, he also said that retail stores will probably get them sooner. He also said $399 for a 2 year contract, and to watch for "special" promotions.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I called Verizon today and they said they do not have access to any information about upcoming phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by djohnson7 View Post
    I called Verizon today and they said they do not have access to any information about upcoming phones.
    I'll go one better. A VZW engineer said "I checked with Palm and there is not a device in testing at this time with the specifications that XXXX is looking for."

XXX being a persons name.

So it appears that this is indeed a Sprint Exclusive. I will bide my time but if it is that much better. I will be selling my phone to pay the early term fee and moving on.
    A guy from our office here where we have a bunch of 700w calls them about every week. And last word a few days ago is that they had the chip in and recognizing but they are still working out kinks. They thought it might be close. I'm not even going to speculate on what *close* means, but it seems like they are still making progress. I'm not giving up. Not at least until a new model comes out.
    I'm sure it will be in some Sprint stores this weekend. Some Palm Retail stores are already selling them. Go with Sprint, the data plans are so cheap.
    Jimmie Geddes