Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Sounds like VZW needs to share the blame in this one (no Wifi). Cingular is looking better and better.

Anyone know if Blackberry Connect will be included?
    I doubt it especially being a WM5 device.

I did send a quick reply email to Leonard regarding any updates ,hopefully we will hear more soon.
    Couldn't resist. My turn to poke the thread for news.
    I believe that its going to end like this thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&page=1&pp=40
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I believe that its going to end like this thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&page=1&pp=40
    Are you trying to burst our bubble of hope?
    I'm seriously not trying to be a jerk here, but why is this so friggin difficult? On any PC or laptop this is an upgrade even an ***** can do. What does Palm and/or MS do to this phone to make it so difficult to upgrade the hardware. Afterall, it is a PPC, which one would think would have the attributes of a bare bones PC. Logically it should be EASIER to upgrade, unless it has to do with size constraints which lead to lack of available hardware.

Once again, not trying to be a jerk, just curious. Thanks!
    Too bad they don't just make notebook RAM slots more compact/lower profile and use those. Now that would rock. "Cheap", available, upgradeable RAM.

I imagine the day that Pocket PC's can be upgraded just like notebooks - small socket cpu's, small RAM slots, .85" hd.
    Oh and of course no 240x240 screen

I just thought of something, is the screen res based on the device, or the installed screen?
    I believe the screen is set 240x240 by the hardware and software. WM doesn't have a 320x320 mode. Without using something like Nydiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o
    I'm seriously not trying to be a jerk here, but why is this so friggin difficult? On any PC or laptop this is an upgrade even an ***** can do. What does Palm and/or MS do to this phone to make it so difficult to upgrade the hardware. Afterall, it is a PPC, which one would think would have the attributes of a bare bones PC. Logically it should be EASIER to upgrade, unless it has to do with size constraints which lead to lack of available hardware.

Once again, not trying to be a jerk, just curious. Thanks!

Apparently an OEM can configure a ROM to either auto-detect the amount of RAM or hard code it. Palm chose to hardcode it.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    Are you trying to burst our bubble of hope?
    Nope, I'm like Marvin the robot in A Hitckhiker's guide to the galaxy...a pessimist. Psychology actually has found that depressed people are more realistic of their assessment of situations that normal people. Thus, I may have a more realistic perspective, even if disheartening
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I received a response and they are still working on it, as some have already said Palm chose to hard code the amount of memory recognized so PPCtechs has to find the way to get the device to recognize the RAM. If the new Lennon device has 64MB RAM that would make it worth hitting the Palm CEO in the head with our Treo 700w's.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I'm hopeful that the Lennon will have more memory. Don't you want them to learn from their mistakes?
    Palm already knows it was a mistake and they won't admit it or fix it or allow a 3rd party like PPCtechs to fix it for those who want it fixed. What bugs me is the next gen WM Treo for CDMA will be 12 months before announcement and 18 monts before Verizon launches it. Why, becuase Palm takes too darn long to get a new device to market and Verizon takes even longer to certify the crippled features of the device that works out of the box.

So yes I want them to learn, but I want my Treo 700w with 64MB of RAM so I don't have to reset as often.

I also tried to like Palm OS again, but couldn't get past the poor email options, poor implementation of Exchange server and it seemed slower than the Treo 700w.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Well... good luck waiting on the upgrade

I ended up switching to the Motorola Q and memory issues are a thing of the past...

I still have my 700w though incase an upgrade ever comes out
    Thats a lot of money to just "hold on to". I wanted a full-fledged ppc, not smartphone, so I don't think I coud ever go Q, memory issues or not. I like the touch screens.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Does the Q have more memory than the 700w?
    Quote Originally Posted by sbradfor
    Does the Q have more memory than the 700w?
    Yes.
    Does it !?

I though it had 49.5 MB where as the 700w has 60MB.

Well theres onflicting stuff, here its 49.5MB http://www.mobiledia.com/phones/motorola/q.html

Where as here its 65MB
    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=856

i think it might be similar to the 700w as in not all can be accessed. Ok just checked motos website it is 65MB
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I'm curious then as to why the Treo would have memory problems and the Q wouldn't if they have about the same amount of memory...
    Becuase they are different devices, a problem on one device is not going to be a problem on another device of the same OS. Each device handles everything in a slighty different way due to the different componets parts and each part taking more or less etc.

Also the windows mobile OS was adapted to the treo, so there will be some differences becuase of this.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR