Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treoshmeo
    Palm spent millions on its ad campaign and knew exactly what it was doing when it decided to put out "60 MB of Memory User Accessible" when everybody else put out the standard numbers.
    Glad you've caught up with the conversation - this is well understood. You still haven't addressed:
    Quote Originally Posted by treoshmeo in an earlier post
    Palm won't offer help because they want you to buy the Treo 750w. They deliberately and maliciously put in 32MB of RAM and hid this from consumers.
    Again ... prove it - you give Palm way too much credit for being able to pull off such a far-fetched conspiracy. Keep the foil hat - the Ed Colligan Thought Control Device waves seem to be focused on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Again ... prove it - you give Palm way too much credit for being able to pull off such a far-fetched conspiracy. Keep the foil hat - the Ed Colligan Thought Control Device waves seem to be focused on you.
    Prove it? What is this a trial for murder? The "innocent until proven guilty" has zero application anywhere except in a courtroom for murder. Otherwise we all have a right to state my opinion which is also founded on how most other corporations work, especially in big business. It's called "pushing the line." If you think that it has to be a "conspiracy" for the marketing language to be deliberate then I suggest you open up your mind, become less naive and accept that this is a standard practice these days. Our company's CMO laughed when she saw this and knew that it was deliberate too. Palm is a business like many other corporations. Unless you choose to believe that the company's chief marketing officer and its entire marketing department had NO IDEA what was on it's ONLY new product's brochure for Q1 and Q2, then go right on believing that this was just an "innocent" and "stupid" mistake. I guess their engineers, product managers who specialize in the product and nobody else in the company was as smart as anyone else on this forum either...

Of course there is another thing called common sense and "connecting the dots." Apparently like 90% of all other Americans who have finally caught on, Barry Bonds knew he was taking steroids from the moment he started taking the cream that cost him numerous thousands and from a doctor who was known to sell steroids. I also don't need proof when I walk into a user car lot to believe that the salesman might be full of crap...

Honestly Kupe, give it up. Palm did what it did and bending over and taking it with a blindfold isn't helping any.
    Last edited by treoshmeo; 04/14/2006 at 07:57 AM.
    Great news Leonard. Look forward to it and placing my order
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Maybe what needs to happen is for the Treo and Palm to just go away. That way, everyone could focus their *****ing on some other device.

That would be funny. MSNBC reports: Palm, today decided to shut it doors and stop manufacturing their top of the line converged device, the Treo. When interviewed, a spokesperson for Palm said, "We just had too many complaints about the device and with the threat of lawsuits out there, we decided this was the best option for us and the users." "All I can say now is, Hey Treo users, go gripe about the 6700 now, we hope you are happy!" Palm also stated that after the 700W was released there was so much hype about a 700P, that they didn't want to offend anyone by telling them it wasn't going to be manufactured. Joe Sneezus, former head of Marketing and Research had this to say: "Hey Palm users, guess what? It ain't happening! HAHAHAHAHA!" Sneezus was later taken to Bellreive Mental Hospital for further observation.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Am I the olny one who wont be doing the upgrade?

Thought about it for a while... i reallly dont need it...not for how I use the phone. Sure it would be nice to be able to use Piscel PDF Viewer without having to exit all programs but other than that (and the ocasional auto launching of media player after a download) I am fine with 32MB's....maybe I'll do it just to be cool
    You're such a diplomat Hobbes - and I work in DC so you may not want to consider that a compliment!
    Actually I was being serious, I could easily see that as being very close to the truth. They consciously short changed the phone's memory, one reason being of looking ahead to a 750w release, and then let the marketing department handle the rest.
    I don't think I'll be upgrading unless a couple of things happen:
    1. Additional upgrades are done at a reduced price in case I need to use VZW's replacement service.
    2. I can schedule the upgrade so I'll send it in and know I'll get it back in say 48 hours. It looks like this will be possible.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I'll do it in a heartbeat. I'm tired of constantly having to soft reset and once a month since I got this thing hard resetting bc of the constant slowdowns.

Hey, PPC Techs can you guys do anything about how to address the RAM you're offering to upgrade? Sort of like puting the memory slider back that was there before? At least that way the RAM would be addressed better.

Also, on that same note, even if you guys upgrade the RAM, how will the machine address it when it was written only to use 64?
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Actually I was being serious,
    No doubt you were. So was I - to a degree. All you really said was any story is possible. That's pretty hard to disagree with ... or accept ... seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjsrik
    Also, on that same note, even if you guys upgrade the RAM, how will the machine address it when it was written only to use 64?
    Its automatic, just like your desktop when you upgrade the ram. Dont worry about it.

Surur
    No doubt you were. So was I - to a degree. All you really said was any story is possible. That's pretty hard to disagree with ... or accept ... seriously.
    Sorry I was not able to be more specific...but since non of us has the confidential ear of a high ranking exec at PALM, the whole argument IS up to conjecture, speculation, hypothesis, guessing, feelings, predictions of the past and the future, ect....I simply stated what I believe probably happened based on nothing more that historic PALM observations, common industry practices, and the facts of the current 700w configuration.

I am not sure what you are looking for....no one has the FACTS to say for sure.....so yes, my story and your story are both baseless, unfounded, spins of person perception of a situation that PALM will forever remain tight lipped about.
    I can say PPCtechs upgrades are always worth doing if you want more than the OEM offered. Will you lose out if your device gets lost, stolen or destroyed sure, but thats a gamble with any device on any given day.

If PPCtech's is willing to take pre-orders then I am willing to sign up and have it shipped out in the box they used when I had the HP hw6515 upgraded. It was worth it then and its worth it now. My $.02
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I'd sign up for a pre-order too. Only thing is I'd need a replacement phone or something because this is my primary phone.

OTOH, if they can guarantee quick turn-around, then it would be worth not getting calls for a few days or checking voicemail or giving my work number for a day or two. But, it would have to be quick turnaround.
    Same for me, but I could buy a cheap verizon phone for a couple days and get it back.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    yes, but then that cheap verizon phone would have to be activated, $25 or more, and then you'd have to then RE-activate your phone you sent away $25 or more again.
    So I am not sure whether I'll upgrade or not yet. My phone died within 3 months of use and had to have it replaced. I see others saying they are on their 3rd or 4th replacement already. Imagine having to do the memory upgrade each time you have the phone replaced. It could get expensive. At the very least I think I'll wait a few months to see if this replacement can stand the test of time.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    well, touch wood, so far i'm on number 3 and this one is surviving. I can't imagine getting the phone replaced after doing the upgrade. This one has not been replaced with a newer one in about 2 months, that's the longest I've gone so far with this treo.
    yes, but then that cheap verizon phone would have to be activated, $25 or more, and then you'd have to then RE-activate your phone you sent away $25 or more again.
    $25 to activate phones? I don't understand this. I've switched phones lots of times (it can be done online too) at no cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcmd
    Will you lose out if your device gets lost, stolen or destroyed sure, but thats a gamble with any device on any given day.
    That is clear. Do you know if there is a discount for subsequent upgrades?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    maybe i'm wrong, when I got my treo they charged me a $25 fee to activate my new treo. I keep thinking there's sim chip installed somewhere specific to the phone.

Hey, I can be wrong.
    maybe i'm wrong, when I got my treo they charged me a $25 fee to activate my new treo. I keep thinking there's sim chip installed somewhere specific to the phone.

Hey, I can be wrong.
    They now charge 25 dollars for a operator to do it, but you can change the number on the website, just hit the upgrade button and choose "your own phone" or something like that