Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    All we know for sure is what they did......no one knows why or what their intent was. IMHO, I think it is very possible that both of your are very right to varying degrees.

I think it is very feasible to think that execs might have thought one benefit of only offering 32 megs was the option to squeeze in another benefit for another model. Then they realized who bad it really was and then relied on the marketing to help smooth it over.
    You're such a diplomat Hobbes - and I work in DC so you may not want to consider that a compliment!
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    How close are you? If you are still having problems, may I suggest posting at xda-developers.com There's a load of real firmware hackers there, and they have done this already for the Himalaya.

Surur
    We are already working with two of the hackers there. )

Regards,

leonard
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl
    once they finally crack the code, I wonder how long its going to take to send in your treo, then get it back with the flood of send treos
    We should be able to turn systems in 2 days in house.

Regards,

Leonard
    Leonard,

How bout a waiting list or some other such tool to help with the potential chaos that the flood of orders may bring on

I'm ready to line up...kinda like a concert coming to town
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I'm so looking forward to this upgrade. I just can't wait to make my 700w perfect (the only problems I ever have are directly tied to the lack of RAM). Is there any estimated pricing anywhere that I missed? I assume it will be similar to other upgrade prices.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Stozmon
    Leonard,

How bout a waiting list or some other such tool to help with the potential chaos that the flood of orders may bring on

I'm ready to line up...kinda like a concert coming to town
    It'll be first come, first serve basis. We will only send out requests for units as we can handle them. So the waiting list will be generated by the ordering process on our site.

Regards,

Leonard
    Thanx Leonard! As you can tell, we're all chomping @ the bit!
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    I'm so looking forward to this upgrade. I just can't wait to make my 700w perfect (the only problems I ever have are directly tied to the lack of RAM). Is there any estimated pricing anywhere that I missed? I assume it will be similar to other upgrade prices.
    Depending on what the solution ends up being, the cost will be $129 to $159.

We're trying the upgrade a couple of different ways based on the type of memory used and how it is configured.

Regards,

Leonard
    im stoked about this because they're 10mins from where i work

Leonard,

Just sent you my contact information from your site. Looking forward to this.
    Last edited by foofighter; 04/13/2006 at 09:01 PM.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Thanks for the continious updates Leonard, I look forward to giving you my money.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    No doubt, but the misinformation only began after Palm realized they didn't build the phone right in the first place - probably during beta. Taht's hardly proof of treoshmeo's "Palm won't offer help because they want you to buy the Treo 750w. They deliberately and maliciously put in 32MB of RAM and hid this from consumers."

Perhaps if treoshmeo had replaced "deliberately and maliciously" with "ignorantly and stupidly" and omitted the reference to a 750w, his post wouldn't have sounded like a tin-foil hat was required.
    You are right that it's not malicious against the 700w. They add the memory together and forget to mention exactly how much RAM on ALL product descriptions. It's certainly deliberate for ALL their products. They are the only manufacturer I've seen that will not spell out just how much RAM. I wonder why...

Even HP has the guts to tell us just how low RAM is on the rx1950.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by LWesson
    Depending on what the solution ends up being, the cost will be $129 to $159.

We're trying the upgrade a couple of different ways based on the type of memory used and how it is configured.

Regards,

Leonard
    I can't wait until you guys have this ready for order. This will be my 4th device I will have had upgraded by you guys Do you have a freqent purchasing card?

-Mashie
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaweil
    I can't wait until you guys have this ready for order. This will be my 4th device I will have had upgraded by you guys Do you have a freqent purchasing card?

-Mashie
    Actually what I'll do is give the forum users a discount code when we release the upgrade.
    Best Regards,

Leonard
    http://www.pocketpctechs.com
    Actually what I'll do is give the forum users a discount code when we release the upgrade.
    Thanks Leonard!!
    Good news all around Leonard! I look forward to your release.
    any chance of possibly adding more than another 32 for a total of 64? Once hacked, could one do like an additional 64 (total 96) or 96 (total 128)
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Perhaps if treoshmeo had replaced "deliberately and maliciously" with "ignorantly and stupidly" and omitted the reference to a 750w, his post wouldn't have sounded like a tin-foil hat was required.
    What planet are you from? Palm spent millions on its ad campaign and knew exactly what it was doing when it decided to put out "60 MB of Memory User Accessible" when everybody else put out the standard numbers. THe only one who should wear a tin hat is you with the word "dunce" on it if you believe their million dollar marketers didn't know about this. Plus you can also take the bet that Barry Bonds too didn't know he was taking steroids when he paid loads of money for sunscreen lotion...
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    You see.....if you are a customer looking at buying the 700w, it is very challenging, if not impossible, to find out how much RAM is in the device.
    How challenging is it? I have 3 Verizon stores within walking distance of me. I stopped into each at various times I happened to be around there. Each time a rep in each store said "64 MB of RAM" and challenged me when I said 32. Why did they think 64? They said "well ever other phone has 64, including the other one we sell and Palm said it was 60 MB of RAM available." Case closed. Palm knew what it was doing. It's sad. Accept it. This happens all the time in big business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    You are right that it's not malicious against the 700w. They add the memory together and forget to mention exactly how much RAM on ALL product descriptions. It's certainly deliberate for ALL their products. They are the only manufacturer I've seen that will not spell out just how much RAM. I wonder why...

Even HP has the guts to tell us just how low RAM is on the rx1950.
    Lady Treo, it isn't a question of guts. It's a question of clever/deceptive marketing. Palm figured that it could stuff the same Treo 650 out but mask the fact that it only had 32MB of RAM by marketing it as "60MB user accessible memory." To even think that this wasn't deliberate is absurd. They went over their marketing materials carefully just like every other company. This is their flagship product too. This was no oversight. Why is it such a mystery that Palm is overpuffing its product even more than some other manufacturers? Why is it so hard to believe that the CMO and his/her staff did it because they thought they could sell more Treo 700ws and get away with it? Let's accept it that our formerly beloved Palm is right down in the gutter with the worst of them and move on.