Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    I live about 1 mile from Palm world headquarters... Maybe I should just hang around the parking lot and try to find a hardware guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by LWesson
    We are at a roadblock. we have tried everything we can think of, but cannot get the system to recognize the RAM even at a hardware level.

We are in need of a broken unit that we can remove the CPU off of the motherboard to verify the RAM is wired the way we think it is.

Does anyone know of a unit with a broken screen or something?
    Did you ever chase up having to modify the ROM image and reflashing?

Surur
    Originally Posted by Surur
    I am curious about this too. See Surur's original link...

http://buzzdev.net/content/view/19/72/
    Still no answer from PPCtech?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    No still no word from PPCtech
    Damn, everytime I see this subscription alert in my email box I get all excited and then I come here and drats, no good news.
    Could anyone do me a really big favour and point me towards a rom dump or rom update file, if there is one?

Thanks so much!

V
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    How do i do a ROM dump? Follow the instructions here???

http://forum.xda-developers.com/view...ighlight=Semmi
    What exactly IS dumping ROM, please?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Taking an image of the OS so you can load it in an emulator or modify it and burn it back to your device..

Sooo... say i was to get my hands on a test device with a future version of the OS on it i could grab an image of that OS to load onto my device... its how the i730 users got a copy of WM5 for their devices before VZW released it.
    Thanks Gex!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vijay555
    Could anyone do me a really big favour and point me towards a rom dump or rom update file, if there is one?

Thanks so much!

V
    Are you going to try and see if we can get the device to see the additional memory if we physically install a larger memory chip? There is a post earlier in this thread that talks about where to make the mod to the ROM to see the additional memory (I think).

If so I will try to run the ROM Dump tool here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/view...ighlight=Semmi

against my device....do you know if i can load up the dumped ROM image in Microsoft's Device Emulator? Hmmm.. I think that would work...as i saw another developer working with a 700w image and wondered where he got it....

When i get some free time I might start playing around with that as the device emulator allows you to assign as much RAM to a device as you want and if it still only shows 32MB when I tell it to have 256MB's ( ) then we will know its hard coded in the ROM and people who know how to unlock it can maybe help out?!@??!
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    Surur
    Here's the update. After many, many hours of debugging the bootloader and trying several different modifications, we now have the bootloader recognizing the 64MB of RAM.

The next step is to get WM5 to accept the new size, if possible.

No ETA yet at this point, but we are still working on it.

Best Regards,

Leonard
    Last edited by LWesson; 04/01/2006 at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LWesson
    Here's the update. After many, many hours of debugging the bootloader and trying several different modifications, we now have the bootloader recognizing the 64MB of RAM.

The next step is to get WM5 to accept the new size, if possible.

No ETA yet at this point, but we are still working on it.

Best Regards,

Leonard
    Thanks for the update Leonard!
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    this is awesome progress!
    Thanks for the update!
    AKay
    Great news and look forward to yet another PPCtechs memory upgrade to fix what the OEM failed to do right the first time.
    Great News Leonard. Thanks for the update. Looking forward to giving you my dough to upgrade my Treo!
  18.    #198  
    Count me in too!
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Money is already in my hands just waiting to spend it on more memory for this phone.
    Hopefully the update coming at the EOM will not impede or set back your progress. I can only say I look forward to PPC Techs fixing what Palm failed to do.