1.    #1  
    My 700w has a speed dial icon for [Voicemail 1]. This guy goes to my voicemail message where I then must enter # to be prompted for my password to listen to messages.

I am guessing that there is a better way to do this. *86 points me directly to my voicemail so I'm figguring that I can do something like *86,,,#xxxx where xxxx is my pass code so that the process can be automated.

Now, I don't know where 'Voicemail' is being stored to change the number. Is my only option to delete the Voicemail speed dial and re-create one in my contacts? Has anyone done this?
    Yes you have to recreate the contact for voicemail. Either that or edit the one you've got. the voicemail number is just your phone number. *86 was just used on the regular Verizon phones...as far as I know it wasn't that way on the previous Treos.
  3.    #3  
    Ah, there is no existing contact called 'Voicemail' and that is what threw me off. I'll just delete the speed dial, re-create the contact, and add a speed dial for the new one.

Thanks.
    There's not a setting for it in Phone Application --> Tools --> Options?
  5. wbj
    FYI I made this "mistake" so I speak from experience. Two thoughts for you:

* My experience was that deleting the voicemail speed dial then delinked it from the default voicemail dialer that was used when a notification of a new voicemail popped up - it still dialed into voicemail but would not use the cool little vcr buttons anymore even though I had reprogrammed an identical Voicemail speed dial including reprogramming the vcr buttons - it was like it only looked in one place for it and I had killed that one place. There may be some hidden way to fix this (I do not claim to be a WM5 expert) but since I have only one extra app and only a little customization I just did a hard reset to bring it back to life since that was pretty painless for me to do. It was worth it to me to reinstate the default voicemail speed dial linkage.

* More importantly, you can add the autodialing of password extra digits by just editing the default speed dial they gave you for Voicemail instead of creating a new one. From the Today screen just choose Menu, then Speed Dial Options, then select the Voicemail speed dial, then choose Menu, Edit, then choose the Advanced Tab instead of the Speed Dial tab that it starts on. Just add a couple of commas and your password (e.g. ,,1234) and check the box for dial extra digits automatically and you will never need to use the password again...

Hope that helps.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbj
    * More importantly, you can add the autodialing of password extra digits by just editing the default speed dial they gave you for Voicemail instead of creating a new one. From the Today screen just choose Menu, then Speed Dial Options, then select the Voicemail speed dial, then choose Menu, Edit, then choose the Advanced Tab instead of the Speed Dial tab that it starts on. Just add a couple of commas and your password (e.g. ,,1234) and check the box for dial extra digits automatically and you will never need to use the password again...

Hope that helps.
    That is EXACTLY the information I was looking for. Thanks much for saving me the hassle of deleting the Voicemail speed dial... the fact that there was no contact record for it concerned me that I was going to be breaking other links that I may not be able to re-create easily.
  7. wbj
    Glad to help - not to go off topic, but watch out for the car charger issue with 650 car chargers too...I put a post in the mostly ignored accessories forum but probably should have put it here....good luck!
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I wanted to do exactly this for my treo. Too bad I cant seem to get into voicemail at all-when I call my own number, all I hear is 'plz leave a msg' blah blah blah. There is no option for 'check messeges' and such.

Whats the deal?
  9.    #9  
    Enter # and you'll be prompted. I modified my speed dial for Voicemail to the following:

Speed Dial Tab -
    Label: Voicemail
    Number: (XXX) XXX-XXXX
    Quick Key: 1

Advanced Tab -
    Extra Digits: #,,,,XXXX
    Dial extra digits automatically: checked
    Show voicemail buttons: checked

Please keep in mind that you should call your number once, hit #, and then walk through password setup. Use you password in place of XXXX in extra digits.