1.    #1  
    What are some of the best mobile sites to goto and use the speed of EVDO??
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    You got EVDO, why you still looking at mobile sites. Sorry I had to lol.
    may be a starting point:

pda website menu

or pay to play www.avantgo.com

regards
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by New2This
    You got EVDO, why you still looking at mobile sites.
    This is true, but the mobile sites format the best on the screen...

So what are some good "regular" sites to "wow" people with and show them just what EVDO can do?
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    My favorite is to do mapquest on my 650, when people see that they're like wow that is cool. By the way does the 700 do flash, sorry if its OT.
    Streaming Tivo by slingbox will be incredible. The wm client is a month or so away. For big effect show how you can order a ppv movie. Going to a web site will seem lame in comparison. With tivos new yahoo integration you can also pull up yahoo picturas, stream internet radio, listen to podcasts by rss feeds, etc, and playing iTunes songs has been out for a while.
    I also will be waiting for the slingbox software for my Treo as well. I just picked up the Slingbox last week 1 day before I picked up the Treo. It will be the best way to show off the speed EVDO.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Just go to any non-mobile news site if you are trying to show off...Heck I don't have EVDO service and I rarely use mobile versions of websites so I'd expect you all to use them even less.

I have found that I cannot watch videos from CNN.com, CBSNews.com, and C-Span. I cannot even get to Reuters.com anymore as it says I need to upgrade my browser. However, everything else on these sites seems to work. Videos do seem to work on sites that don't require the video to play in their specially setup window...at least sometimes. If you can, try to download videos and save them to the storage card, then play them.
  9.    #9  
    I guess other than video there is not much else you can use 500-800kbs for?

I mean, how fast do you want your e-mails to show up??