Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I would like to use GoToMyPC pm my 700, but it tells me I need Java, is it possible to install Java on the 700w?
    Switch to logmein. I was using gotomypc 2 months ago but I switched for better pricing. I tried out Webex PCNow for a month and I liked it alot. Especially the printing to a local device. You don't have to setup a printer the way you had to with gotomypc, just print to a document loader on the remote pc and a printer box pops up on your local pc to select whatever print you want. But it doesn't appear to have support for PPC devices yet.

I heard someone on this board talking about logmein and decided to give it a try. I have only been using it for a day but it is amazing when combined with EVDO. I have been waiting for a remote control experience to work this will for a long time. I use to try PalmVNC on the T600 when it first came out. That was almost unbearable.

Using Logmein with a T700w is INCREDIBLY FAST!!! It's nice to have a 30 day trial so you can make sure there aren't any bugs also.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip on Logmein, it works and indeed it is fast!

I may have to cancel gotomypc.
    No problem. I am still amazed at how good it works. It's actually fun to use. But that's the case for everything on the internet with the speed of EVDO. It's like when you first got a DSL connection at home.

I can sit in a different room and change the music my computer is playing and it's so fast that it is actually something you will do.