Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    My 700 is starting to ask on a frequent basis if I want it to seach the SD card for music content. I answer "no" but the question periodically reappears with no other changes.

This seems random and I can't associate an event with the triggering of the message. Anyone have an idea on how to stop this?
    Just have whatever program is doing it search once and see if that takes care of it.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply.

Yep. Did that. Didn't help. Other ideas?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I am having the same issue.
    this is really annoying me as well. There must be a registry fix for this.
    Me to, every time the keyguard activates this happens.
    Found this on the palm.com forum support site.

Solution ID: 41221

'A Storage Card was inserted. Do you want to scan for Media files?' appears periodically without inserting a card

As you have probably observed, whenever an expansion card is inserted into a Treo 700w smartphone, a message dialog window will pop up asking "A Storage Card was inserted. Do you want to scan for Media files?"

If you select Yes, the smartphone will scan the card for media files that can be viewed or played on the device.

If you choose No, no search will be conducted. If there are pictures or videos on the card, you will need to update your library in the Windows Media Player application on the device, before these files can be viewed.

Why does the message appear without inserting a card?
    If you insert an expansion card that does not have any media files on it, and you have the Windows Media application running on the device, the error message above will periodically pop up.

What to do
    You have two options:

Add an image file or video file to the expansion card will prevent the message from popping up.

or

Exit Windows Media Player application:

Press and hold OK .
    In the Running Programs List, select Windows Media.
    Select Stop.
    Press OK to exit.