Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone got this to work on the 700w? Everytime I try it out, it tells me that there is not enough memory. I guess this is the memory issue everyone is talking about.
    I have used it everyday since I got my 700w, and it works fine. It is my most favorite program.
    I use it just fine. no problem but since I have mp3s and videos, I don't use it all that much. It is fun though.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381
    I have used it everyday since I got my 700w, and it works fine. It is my most favorite program.
    Have have a Sirius sub...where can you download the SiriusCE app? thx
    you can download it from here http://www.emulamer.com/SiriuCE.html
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    thanks...google wouldn't find it under "SiriusCE", ...but eventually found it with the correct spelling of the program name "SiriuCE"
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Dont install it on your SD card on it will work fine.

I was having the same memory issues until I uninstalled it and reinstalled it on the phone itself.

Great Program!
    I tried installing it on the device and it still crashes with a windows media out of memory error. I tried closing all running programs, but it still crashes. How much memeory needs to be available to run the program? I think goodlink maybe using up a bunch of memory on my device.

doug
    have you tried a soft reset since installing it? Mine did that and as soon as I soft reset it it worked fine
    It Works! thanks for the tip. I am listening to the radio while I type this now I just have to find my headset

Doug
    Okay now if we could just get song info etc that would be awsome. Also is there a way to make the program remember your username and password? What are the little check boxes at the bottom of the screen?

doug
    How do you get more channels. I am getting all of the music channels but I don't see some of the Entertainment channels and sports etc. I tried to refresh channels but I did not see any additional channels show up. What am I missing? And yes I am a SR subsriber have a sportster unit on the puter, mobile in the car, and boombox. Now thanks to you guys I can listen to it on my 700w so I don't need all of the other radios and players

Doug
    Last edited by dhegge; 01/10/2006 at 12:55 AM.
    Sirius only offers music channels via the web. I think it might be a licensing issue. I would love to get the news and comedy channels...but out of luck!
    as far as remembering the username and password, if you put a check in the bottom right box (that says "save" by it) it will save your username and password. The other box is for if you aren't subscribed to sirius, they have an option on there website that you can try out sirius for 3days at no charge, if you do this then you put a check in the "guest" box on siriuCE

(650 user... damn)

I want SiriusCE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Sirius only offers music channels via the web. I think it might be a licensing issue. I would love to get the news and comedy channels...but out of luck!

No sports is a deal breaker............they can keep Howard, but give us sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjf88

(650 user... damn)

I want SiriusCE!!!
    I'm listening to Sirius right now on my Treo 650. What I did was configure my Linux server with Gnome2/X at a resolution of 320x320, installed x11vnc and optimized it for a low-speed connection (5Kb/sec), and installed darkice + icecast2.

Darkice encodes the audio at 80Kbps MP3 from /dev/dsp and icecast2 (like shoutcast) allows PTunes to connect and stream the MP3 stream. I use PalmVNC to control the station list/current channel by remoting into the server (at the Treo 650 native resolution of 320x320) and drive Firefox to change the channel.

It works perfectly and I'm able to stream at 80Kbps MP3 (Sirius is 36Kbps WMA I believe) without rebuffering. The 80Kbps stream sounds as good as the native Sirius stream (MP3 80Kbps versus WMA ~36Kbps) to my ears.

The server is a P2-350Mhz with 256MB of ram, load is around 15% to 20% CPU.

Basically, it works like this:

Sirius WMA Stream -> Firefox + Mplayer -> Darkice (via /dev/dsp) -> Icecast2 -> Treo 650 -> Ptunes.

What really makes it nice is running XWindows/Gnome at native 320x320 meaning there is no vertical/horizontal scrolling in PalmVNC (which is very annoying). The attached image shows what it looks like (and what it would look like on the Treo) from my desktop.

Attached Images Attached Images
    That's a lot of work to still not be able to get the NFL or Howard Stern. When you get those streamed to your 650, let us know...

Meat
    Quote Originally Posted by meatster
    That's a lot of work to still not be able to get the NFL or Howard Stern. When you get those streamed to your 650, let us know...

Meat
    Thanks for the feedback. I don't believe that will ever be likely as the content available from streaming Sirius does not include the NFL/Sports channels nor Howard. This holds true for SiriusCE on the Treo 700W as well.

On a personal note, this is a non-issue to me. The objective for the "project" was to be able to stream commercial free music and content not available via terrestial radio. I purchased Sirius to avoid having to listen to people drone on and on about meaningless things (such as "talk radio" and "radio shows" in the morning). I would never listen to Howard nor have the desire to do so, I personally think he's a complete *****.

I do know the same mechanism could be used to stream NFL from another site/website. Basically, any audio received by the computer is intercepted and encoded from /dev/dsp in MP3 format at 80Kbps. This would be inclusive of any WMA/WMV streams. Basically, if you can find the content online you can make it accessible to the Treo.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Does it also work with the PPC 6700? I haven't tried it but have a buddy that is about to subscibe and would like to listen on his.

thanks!
    If Guns cause crime, then Pencils cause misspelled words......
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast