Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Many of my co-workers using 2 way pagers instead of SMS to a cell phone. In the past (on my "old" Treo 650), I'd send an SMS to the email address for the pager. Now, when I attempt to add a contact to an SMS, I'm prompted to "Select the phone number/e-mail address that you want to use:". But the choice list doesn't show the contacts email addresses; it only shows phone numbers (including non-cell numbers, such as home, work, etc..). The Treo limited its SMS choices to cell phones and email addresses.
    Go into your email box and instead of selecting SMS, select the other MMS, works fine with an email address.

That SMS pissed me off at first too! I was used to 650, typing in email and sending.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by jpezzella
    Many of my co-workers using 2 way pagers instead of SMS to a cell phone. In the past (on my "old" Treo 650), I'd send an SMS to the email address for the pager. Now, when I attempt to add a contact to an SMS, I'm prompted to "Select the phone number/e-mail address that you want to use:". But the choice list doesn't show the contacts email addresses; it only shows phone numbers (including non-cell numbers, such as home, work, etc..). The Treo limited its SMS choices to cell phones and email addresses.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Thanks for the response. I tried it, and you can send to an email address using MMS. Does that mean we're changed for MMS instead of an SMS (I didn't signup for picture messaging, and it seems a waste to be charged for sending a Multimedia message to a text pager).

Anyway, I found that if begin typing the contact's name in the To field on the SMS message, the device will present a list of names, with mobile numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Go into your email box and instead of selecting SMS, select the other MMS, works fine with an email address.

That SMS pissed me off at first too! I was used to 650, typing in email and sending.

Eric
    When I do a Lookup in Contacts, it only display email and mobile phone number. This means that I cannot add the pager number as a pager in Outlook?