Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    All you 700w users...... I am a current 650 user having the "normal" fun with Bluetooth headsets and range from ear to phone.

Does the 700w have improvement over the 650's (lack of) range? Is it possible to get 5 or even 10 feet awat from your phone with any static? Also what bluetooth headset are you using?

Thanks for any info you can provide!!!!
    AT&T iPhone, My Blog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofdog
    All you 700w users...... I am a current 650 user having the "normal" fun with Bluetooth headsets and range from ear to phone.

Does the 700w have improvement over the 650's (lack of) range? Is it possible to get 5 or even 10 feet awat from your phone with any static? Also what bluetooth headset are you using?

Thanks for any info you can provide!!!!
    I'm guessing - but I'd love to know whether the call waiting bug (a 2nd incoming call disconnects the first one) is fixed!

And can someone please, please, please try it with a Prius?
    I'm having no problem with bluetooth connection from the 700W to my bluetooth headset (plantronics 510). It's plenty loud and clear.

However, I had a BB 7250 which connected to my BMW without any problems via Bluetooth. The Treo 700W connects to my car but after I make a call it loses the bluetooth connection to the car after a few minutes and I have to use the Treo headset. Any one else have any similar experiences?
    I am charging my new AX2. I hope the 650 BT issues were resolved in the 700W.
    And can someone please, please, please try it with a Prius?[/QUOTE]

On the palm site it says it's compatible with the prius.

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(41095),ts=Palm_External2001#carkits
    The 700W bluetooth works great with my 2005 Prius. No problems!
    Quote Originally Posted by mthom
    The 700W bluetooth works great with my 2005 Prius. No problems!
    Awesome, thanks for the good news.

Have you gotten an incoming call while you were on another call already? If so did the first call get disconnected?

Have you tried uploading contacts to the prius phone book from the treo?
    I don't think the 650 had Bluetooth 1.2 did it? I think it was just regular 1.0 so that in itself should be an improvement.

That's not even to mention all the headset issues the 650 had...I would always have to re-add and re-pair my HBH-300 with it, hitting cancel before it found the name, otherwise it wouldn't work for outgoing calls. Hassle.
    I borrowed a treo 700 from a friend and my results were:
    - paired fine (2nd try)
    - call waiting hang up bug fixed

- No signal strength
    - Can't transfer contacts to car phonebook (either one at a time or whole pb)