Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Is anyone able to silence the ringer when a calls comes in using the volume up and down buttons on the side of the phone? According to the manual you're supposed to be able to it that way but it doesn't work for me. Anyone?
    Just tried it. Worked well for me.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Really? I just tried it again and it doesn't work for me. Which side button did you press (vol up, down or the other button?)?
    When it was ringing, I pressed the vol down button and it went silent. Then I pressed the vol up button and I rings again.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseNYC
    When it was ringing, I pressed the vol down button and it went silent. Then I pressed the vol up button and I rings again.
    Are you hitting the volume down button repeatedly to gradually silence the ringer or do you hit it just once to silence the ringer?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    bump for a solution for this. i have the same problem. i just exchanged my 700w today and the new one i got doesn't do this.
    It looks as though the five-way nav middle select button on my 700wx will silence an incoming call without sending the caller immediately to voicemail.

Can anyone confirm this?
    try hitting a key on the keyboard. This works on the 750... phonealarm has a 1 click mute option you can assign to a key like the side button
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Confirmed that the center key works to immediately silence a incoming call