1.    #1  
    Hello all,

First let me start by saying this a great forum. Folks seem genuine and very helpful - so, thank you.

I'm new to the mobile computing topic as well as this board and I have a couple of questions. I am considering the 700 and the xv6700. I actually ordered the 700 and should have it today, but upon further reivew the xv6700 has given me pause. I was really excited about the 700, but now I'm not so sure.

What are your opinions on these phones? What are the major differences in them (remember I'm a novice)? What are the advantages and disadvantages to each of them?

Thanks in advance!
    I have had the 6700 on Sprint and have the 700w on Verizon now.

The 6700 is a do-all mini-laptop powerhouse, but I found it quite a bit more cumbersome to use foe phone and other quick-use items. After having that device I was convinced that I would always have an exposed keyboard device in the future.

That said, I have run out of memory on the 700w and have had a couple of occasions where it came to a crawl and had to be reset. My 6700 never ran out of memory, but it locked up two times upon incoming call.

Nothing is perfect. I myself need to decide between my Blackberry 8700c and the Treo. The Blackberry does less, but does it flawlessly and with ease, the Treo does more but has "limits".
    Not to promote another forum, but there are some great user opinions in the 6700, 700w and the 6600 forums on this very supject on PDAphoneHome that might help.
    I am also considering changing to one of these units from the BB 7250. My question is whether I will get a vzw.com email address to forward my corporate email from/to? As it stands now, I forward from POP3 mail using the BB vzw webclient. This enables me to keep all email on Outlook and BB.