1.    #1  
    Ok...so, i am having a love/hate relationship with my new Treo. Amazing device but wow it doesn't even come close to the Blackberry in the email department. Bummer cause if blackberry made a device like the Treo...amazing. I dont know why microsoft can't duplicate the blackberry experience. Anyways...

I am using Wireless Sync for email/contacts/etc which is nice but I want to download more than one email. Can I do that? Seems like in the wireless sync online setup you can only enter one email address. I have more than one. Forwarding isn't an option unfortunately.

Next, i use outlook so I was using ActiveSync...i like having the full calender/contacts/notes etc on my computer as well as the Treo. But it says i can't do active sync and wireless sync cause it will cause duplicates. anyways to set it up where i can have the same data on outlook, treo, and wireless sync (i like storing/saving my info on the wireless sync servers)?

anyone get their email to automatically download? i have it set to download every 10 min but it never does. i have to manally do it.
  2.    #2  
    here's another fun question: if you use wireless sync, why do you need to even install active sync?
    Quote Originally Posted by dreborn
    here's another fun question: if you use wireless sync, why do you need to even install active sync?
    A few reasons come to mind:

1. You want to carry your company address book from an Intranet website. You can't import that data into WS directly. You can figure out how to put it into your corporate addressbook and then get it into WS. (Not simple if you use Domino Notes and not MS Exchange.)

2. You want to keep your personal address, todos, and notes separate from your corporate data and WS. You can do that by keeping it on your home Outlook data.

3. You want to sync files and favorites

I only use WS for corporate email and calendar entries and AS for everything else.
    Ok .. You have major configuration issues. Everything you state as a problem is misuse, because WirelessSync does all those things easily.

1) You can have multiple emails (assuming you mean POP/IMAP). Login to www.wirelesssync.vzw.com, go to Account|Setup, and update your Pop settings to add the necessary servers.

2) Assuming you want to use WirelessSync to automatically push all changes to your PIM data (Calendar, Contacts, Email, Tasks, etc) then you should still use active sync to install software and/or transfer files. However leave the PIM setting disabled for active sync.

3) Go into wirelesssync settings on your TREO and make sure the select the option to enable push.

4) If you're using either exchange or notes (can't tell from your post) for your email, then you need to installed in configure the WirelessSync redirector client on a PC.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dreborn
    Ok...so, i am having a love/hate relationship with my new Treo. Amazing device but wow it doesn't even come close to the Blackberry in the email department. Bummer cause if blackberry made a device like the Treo...amazing. I dont know why microsoft can't duplicate the blackberry experience. Anyways...

I am using Wireless Sync for email/contacts/etc which is nice but I want to download more than one email. Can I do that? Seems like in the wireless sync online setup you can only enter one email address. I have more than one. Forwarding isn't an option unfortunately.

Next, i use outlook so I was using ActiveSync...i like having the full calender/contacts/notes etc on my computer as well as the Treo. But it says i can't do active sync and wireless sync cause it will cause duplicates. anyways to set it up where i can have the same data on outlook, treo, and wireless sync (i like storing/saving my info on the wireless sync servers)?

anyone get their email to automatically download? i have it set to download every 10 min but it never does. i have to manally do it.
    I am not sure what you mean by "more than one e-mail." Do you mean more than one account? Wireless sync (WS) can only sync with one exchange account, but you can also add up to three pop or IMAP accounts from the account setup page on the WS web page.

In terms of having Outlook (and I am assuming you are synching with Exchange here) Treo and WS all synced together, that is what WS does. It is automatic if it's working correctly. Any changes in outlook/exchange are synced to the Treo via WS and vice versa. Performing an Activesync will cause duplicates since they are already synced via WS. There is no reason to activesync since nothing is gained for contact, calendar, notes and tasks. However, in answer to you second question, you need to activesync to sync favorites and files (and media if you are synching those). WS doesn't do that.
    Jeff
  6.    #6  
    wow, you all are awesome. thank you for the very helpful responses.

1. So unless I didn't read the repsonses correctly, the only way to have the same data on outlook pc, treo, and WS is to install the WS software on my computer? I don't have an exchange server so i didn't know how that worked. I like seeing/editing my full calender/contacts on my desktop but i love the backup feature of WS.

2. I couldn't find where to add more email accounts...everytime i went to WS it makes me go through the inital setup again where it just asks for ONE pop/imap account. I need to add another pop account. Where is the account setup hiding or is there something wrong where WS thinks I am not fully setup (i have been syncing fine with WS).

3. what's the diff b/t sync and syncexpress?

Thanks again!
  7.    #7  
    ok, so since i do not use an exchange server and since I have to select "retrieve my mail for me" I can't use WS to sync my PIM data from outlook?

also, what's the deal with ReadySync?

edit: had to go through WS setup online again but i got to the account management side and can add another account. thanks =)
    Last edited by dreborn; 01/09/2006 at 02:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quick question: If I set up Wireless Sync with PC Monitor to my home computer,
    does it use up Text SMS messages ...or Data minutes? thx