Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I havent been on here in a very long time. After my 600 died in august (the infamous battery problem - i could only use it plugged in) i just held out for the 700 and got it today!

but, what do you do if you dont have or use outlook on your home pc ???
    There is no application like the palm desktop software for managing your contacts, calendar etc. everything has to be done on the treo?

the phone is awesome though, i really do love it. (so far ..hehe)
    chris
    You really need Outlook, IMO. Outlook 2002 comes on the CD so you can install it on one on your home PC if you don't need the license on your office PC. Can you do that?

ITA, this phone is awesome. I hated it for about 30 minutes and now I really love it. I just want more memory and may have to pay PPCTechs to get it.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    ITA, this phone is awesome. I hated it for about 30 minutes and now I really love it. I just want more memory and may have to pay PPCTechs to get it.
    It's a terrifying thought when the phone that you just spent $450 on with a 2 year phone commitment requires a $100+ RAM fix that would be a workaround for the existing RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Please elaborate on this, PPCTechs? Is someone modding Treo 700w's to more memory? Can you refer me to a thread on this? That would be great.
    You can put in your request here:
    http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main.as...it-0&area=home

There is some discussion on it here:
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=62714
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Thanks for the link Beryl. Interesting that several people there claim that 64 MB of RAM is a Microsoft standard for WM5!!! The last post I read said exactly what I was concerned about unfortunately -- it taking time for the device to open and close applications due to the minute amount of program RAM. While you may like the Treo form factor, not having WiFi and then having to pay $150 to get it modded -- and void your warranty -- is not at all what I have in mind.

"I also know that 64MB is a standard set by MS. My guess is that they were "granted dispensation" for this instance of breaking the standard and will likely change that in the next version device when the community cries "foul." "
    If I didn't like this device so much or if I had a Treo 650, I'd probably wait for the Treo 750w which will probably have more memory. I'm not ready to give up on the Treo thumbboard and easy navigation so I'll probably pay the $$$ to upgrade it.

I've only had this thing for 3 days and I'm remembering how much I loved my Treo 600 without losing all of the good things I got from my XV6600. I also like how so many developers are committing to upgrade their software to support it. Yep, I'm a relatively happy camper -- just want more memory.