1.    #1  
    After waiting many months for the Treo 700w, I'm very disappointed in the way the email program works and am considering returning it for a 650.
    My previous phone was a Treo 600 using snappermail. I could simply click "check mail", and it would automatically check all three of my email accounts, which could then be viewed in one window. With the 700w, unless I'm mistaken, I have to individually click send/receive for each account, and then can only view each account seperately. If this is not the case, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Palm/Verizon tech support is worthless on the 700.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Try Verizon's Wireless Sync to consolidate checking your accounts - http://dts.vzw.com/index.html?m=Palm&p=2180 (scroll down to bottom right). That won't combine the accounts on your device, but in Messaging, you can just use the left and right buttons on the 5-way navigation to quickly switch between them (a nice shortcut, much better than the Menu > switch accounts method)
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    demichae-
    i can tell you that I did exactly what you're thinking of doing and email issues were one of the major reasons (along with no support for Vindigo). i won't bash the 700w. i think that people coming from phones with PPC, or Windows Mobile of some kind will really like this phone. the ev-do is fantastic along with the today screen contacts dialing and they alone were nearly enough to make me keep the phone. but i just couldn't get past my two issues (along with just flat out liking palm os better).

i got a 650 and can honestly say the only thing that it's really missing is EVDO and if i have to wait another 6 months to a year to get a Palm OS treo with EVDO, then I'll wait.
    Pocket Outlook is horrid and sadly there is no Snappermail equivalent.

Here are 4 more suggestions:
    1. Set your account to check for mail at specific intervals (e.g. 15 minutes)
    2. Bug the WebIS developers about finishing the upgrade needed to support the 700w. WebIS is not as good as Snappermail, IMO, but it is as close as you are going to get on a WM device.
    3. Bug the Snappermail developers about supporting the Treo 700w.
    Last edited by Beryl; 04/06/2007 at 09:00 AM.
    Snappermail appears to support only Palm OS.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Snappermail appears to support only Palm OS.
    Love or hate MS....unless a new Palm OS FINALLY does see the light of day on a device made available to someone beyond the programer's lair.....I think this stance that is common with a lot of companies is going change. It may...but let's hope not....come down to "Evolve or become Extinct" reality for Palm only software companies.
    Look at it like this. Snappermail is great but it is third-party also. There will definitely be a third party app updated or created to address this and other needs. I am scouring the net for apps to address a few different issues. If I find a good mail app I will post.

By the way, has anyone tested Styletap. I thought that app may allow some of our old favorites to run on WM5. Is this true?
    In the WM Apps forum look at my Will Work and Will Not Work on WM05 threads. I think I remember someone reporting on Styletap on WM05, just can't remember off hand which list it was on.
    Having tried a number of the email apps for WM, the best I have found are: ProfiMail, WebIS Mail and GopherKing Mail.