1.    #1  
    I bought a 700W while I am in my last month of contract with Cingular intending to port my number in 30 days, or return it if it didn't work out. I really like the 700W, BUT, my Sony laptop is doing something to prevent Activesync from establishing a partnership with the 700W, so I can't sync. It just keeps "connecting" until it stops and says "no partnerships." First let me say that I spent 3 hours with Verizon and one hour with Palm to no avail, so easy solutions won't work. (I know about not having the Treo plugged in when you install Activesync or when you boot, I don't have a firewall enabled but I created exceptions anyway for all the ports that Activesync might use, I tried the Activesync version on Microsoft's website, and all three tech support personnel I talked to -two Verizon and one Palm - checked around my ports and the device manager (the device does not show in the device manager, and no nonfunctioning devices show.) A network connection appears for the mobile device and dissappears when the connection fails. I use Outlook 2003. I installed the included Outlook 2002 on my husband's desktop, and everything with Activesync worked fine, so its not the phone.
    To make matters worse, the Sony is my backup computer. My HP laptop is in for service for the second time in its short life (boo hiss to HP) and may not be back before the time expires to return the 700W. Although I am fairly confident that it will work on the HP, I would feel better if I could get the Sony connection operational. Is there any hope? Hobbes are you there?
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
  2.    #2  
    Got it solved - cost me $35 to Microsoft. For laptops, disabling Norton antivirus isn't enough. I don't have Norton Internet Security installed. Even so, I had to completely uninstall Norton Systemworks 2006 to get Activesync to form a partnership with the Treo. Looks like its a keeper.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I'm having tons of trouble with Activesync, when it recognizes my 700w, it crashes, and when it doesn't... well... its useless. I searched for the number for phone support, but couldn't find it on Microsoft's support site. Do you happen to have it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Levyesq
    Got it solved - cost me $35 to Microsoft. For laptops, disabling Norton antivirus isn't enough. I don't have Norton Internet Security installed. Even so, I had to completely uninstall Norton Systemworks 2006 to get Activesync to form a partnership with the Treo. Looks like its a keeper.
  4.    #4  
    Microsoft's number is 1-800-642-7676. They will have to connect you through to the proper support group. BTW, after I reinstalled Norton Systemworks 2006, I had the same problem so I had to delete it again. I have other virus software installed now. My main computer HP laptop is back now, so I get to start over again - going to begin by deleting Norton. Good luck - its worth it - Activesync seems faster that Palm hotsyncing. The constant syncing if you leave it attached, even if you merely touch the screen, is a bit jarring, but I'm getting used to it - no forgetting to hotsync at the end of the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpezzella
    I'm having tons of trouble with Activesync, when it recognizes my 700w, it crashes, and when it doesn't... well... its useless. I searched for the number for phone support, but couldn't find it on Microsoft's support site. Do you happen to have it ?
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
  5.    #5  
    A postscript - I got my HP laptop back from service, and Activesync installed with no problems with Nortonsystemworks installed and activated. There's just no predicting the wondererful world of computerland.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.