Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Has anyone downloaded and tried the v1.36b of Verichat for PPC yet? It states in the version log that it supports WM5, connection stability is improved and has several bugs fixed. I tried the previous version when I had a WM5 device (v1.30b) and it didnt have a 'true' standbye feature as it did with the Treo 650.

Can someone test this out and tell us here if the standbye is more or less like the T650 verichat.
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    Has anyone downloaded and tried the v1.36b of Verichat for PPC yet? It states in the version log that it supports WM5, connection stability is improved and has several bugs fixed. I tried the previous version when I had a WM5 device (v1.30b) and it didnt have a 'true' standbye feature as it did with the Treo 650.

Can someone test this out and tell us here if the standbye is more or less like the T650 verichat.
    I am using it on my 700w. It seems to work ok. They have the SMS notify feature disabled for now until they figure that out for WM5.
    An email from their support team:

Thank you for contacting PDAapps Support.

Yes, VeriChat works on Treo700. Please point your device browser to the following link for downloading VeriChat for WM 5.0 http://www.pdaapps.com/ota/wm5/VeriChat.cab . You can also downoad it from our website www.pdaapps.com/

Thanks for your Patience.

PDAapps Support Team
    http://www.pdaapps.com/support.html
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    The question still remains. Does it work in standbye more or less like it did on the treo 650 verichat.
    1.36b may be the newest version, but on their site, the one that supports WM5 is 1.35b. At least that's the one that installed when I used the link provided above.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
    1.36b may be the newest version, but on their site, the one that supports WM5 is 1.35b. At least that's the one that installed when I used the link provided above.
    I have to disagree with you.. This is what they have posted.

http://verichat.com/verichat_ppc/release1_36.txt

Version 1.36b
    =============
    -Multiple account login of same protocol for Premium users
    -Connection Stability improved
    -Support for Windows Mobile 5
    -Several bugs fixed
    Disagree all you want...I was just saying what it said on their website:

I also was referring to the fact that their TECH SUPPORT as mentioned above, linked to: http://www.pdaapps.com/ota/wm5/VeriChat.cab which promptly installs 1.35b to your system. So go ahead and disagree with me...I'm just going by what was provided by tech support and the screen shot of their website above.

PS > What happened to the U? LSU pounded em. I'm a Cane fan too, so I felt the pain as well.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Ok i am a nub how do i get that installed on my phone, thanks =)
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
    Disagree all you want...I was just saying what it said on their website:

I also was referring to the fact that their TECH SUPPORT as mentioned above, linked to: http://www.pdaapps.com/ota/wm5/VeriChat.cab which promptly installs 1.35b to your system. So go ahead and disagree with me...I'm just going by what was provided by tech support and the screen shot of their website above.

PS > What happened to the U? LSU pounded em. I'm a Cane fan too, so I felt the pain as well.
    I understand about tech support linking install to 1.35b but my question was initially about 1.36b which does support WM5. My biggest issue is if it handles standbye like it does with the T650.

Man the U gave up and looked horrible. Major changes are in store for the U.. Dont really think they got rid of the right coaches in my opinion but lets see. That U swagger seems to be deminishing
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    1.35b does the sms standby, 1.36b does not. 1.36b does some better layout on devices that switch from landscape to portrait, but that may not matter to you.
    Has anyone actually tried Verichat (1.37b appears to be the latest) on a 700w?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Im using verichat 1.37b
    Its not working like it did on the 600.
    It appears to be always connected but messages dont go out or get received
    if i send a message from my pc to the treo, i get this message:
    "System Message: Due to a loss of connectivity, this message was probably not delivered:"
    but it shows that i am online and the verichat is running on my treo.
    A few days ago, I called VZW to see if the 700w supported AIM/Yahoo IM. They told me on the phone that it didn't. So, using their "Contact Us" page, I basically flamed them for being stupid and not supporting AIM/YIM. They responded back with a form letter about AIM saying that it was supported, and they gave me a couple of URLs to hit. The URLs didn't get me anything and had no mention of WM5. So, I sent another "Contact Us" and told them their first set of "help" was no help at all. They responded with basically the same form letter and AGAIN I responded (tonite) that they aren't being any help with their cut & paste answers. I asked for specific, detailed, explicit instructions on getting AIM to work on the 700w (I've given up on YIM for now) and am awaiting their response.

Normally VZW's customer support has been quite helpful to me, but this time, I feel like I'm exchanging emails with a robot that sees a key phrase and barfs out a standard answer. (or the CSRs that are answering my emails are just a bunch of bucketheads and not reading what I'm putting into my emails)

Hey, VZW: If you're reading this, please get your act together. I'm asking simple questions that your people are completely unprepared to answer and it's not making you look good.
    I got my response from VZW today:

I apologize for any previous miscommunication; if I am understanding you, correctly, you are looking for the Treo 700w to function with AIM in the same way you are accustomed to doing so with your Motorola V710. Unfortunately, at this time, AIM in the format you wish to use it is not available on the Treo 700w.

710 refers to my Motorola V710. I guess they don't do AIM on the 700w and I guess I'm not getting one.

VZW is completely clueless. Sheesh.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andyinsdca
    I got my response from VZW today:

I apologize for any previous miscommunication; if I am understanding you, correctly, you are looking for the Treo 700w to function with AIM in the same way you are accustomed to doing so with your Motorola V710. Unfortunately, at this time, AIM in the format you wish to use it is not available on the Treo 700w.

710 refers to my Motorola V710. I guess they don't do AIM on the 700w and I guess I'm not getting one.

VZW is completely clueless. Sheesh.
    But AIM does work on the 700w. You just need Verichat ( http://pdaapps.com/ ), Agile messenger, or another program.
    OK! I'll go get a 700w this weekend and give it a whirl!