1.    #1  
    I have previously read the new Treo 700w will support Blackberry Enterprise Server, but have not seen any confirmation in hardware specs. Does anyone know more abou this?
    Quote Originally Posted by scottsands
    I have previously read the new Treo 700w will support Blackberry Enterprise Server, but have not seen any confirmation in hardware specs. Does anyone know more abou this?
    My guess is "no" for now because if it did support BB connect, posters on TreoCentral would have been all over this. This would have been great news for some. Perhaps coming down the line.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    The entire point of the 700w is to be a Blackberry killer. IMHO, if you ever see BB support on this phone, then Palm is throwing its deal with MS out and grabbing for any sale it can generate.
    Once Microsoft releases the MSFP update to their licensees in the states, then the holy grail of realtime instant push email will be realized (withOUT the need for a middleware server like the BES). That update is not yet available on ANY device in the US, yet, and is supposed to be available in a few months. Or something.
    Until then, you can still connect your 700 directly to Exchange, and get just about instant push, via SMS trigger. Virtually the same thing.

No need for Blackberry Connect at all.
  5.    #5  
    I just read that Blackberry for Palm is available now on the Treo 650, so any new word on BES for the Treo 700w yet? Unfortunately, our company uses Novell Groupwise and will only support BES. So, I guess I'll either have to buy the 650 (I'm a previous 600 user) or keep my Blackberry. Looking for any new information.
    NotifyLink will support Treo 700w and BlackBerry... actually supports PocketPC, Palm, and BlackBerry interfaces with GroupWise.
    It has it's nuances but it is at least functional.

We are migrating to BES for BBs but are retaining NotifyLink in order to support the 700w per our administrator... I'm possibly going to be the Guinea Pig for this...