1.    #1  
    I can't get the backlight to come on for anything... I have checked all the settings and rechecked them. I've increased the intensity and decreased the intensity. The only thing that seems to work is a reset but then as soon as the screen is turned off and back on the backlight will not come back on.

Anyone else having this problem??? or is it a new WM5 operator error?

Thanks,
    Jack
    I don't have a 700w myself, so I cannot vouch for that specific device, but WM in general have 3 different modes with the power button. Try tapping it and then try holding it down for 3-5 seconds. There is a setting in the Power or Battery config section that allows you say how long to keep the backlight on before dimming it. Depending if the screen is on, dimmed, or off will do different things with pushing the power button and with holding the power button down. Experiment with it and see if that helps. If it does, you go......oh I see what he is talking about!

If that doesn't do anything try doing a soft reset.

If that doesn't do anything and you have check the Battery settings, played with pushing and holding the power button, and soft reset it......then we need to start looking at other options.
  3.    #3  
    Well... I double checked the settings and no luck. If I hold in the power button for more than 3 sec the phone turns off or on. Is there any way I can do a hard reset like on the 650 and just get a "do-over" here? I'll just start over from scratch and see if that fixes it. The only way to get the backlight to stay on is by doing a soft reset... but that is short lived. Once the power cycles off then back on the problem re-surfaces.

Thanks for the input.
    Jack
    hard reset is done by holding the red phone utton, and pressing the softreset button on the back next to the battery (battery cover needs to be removed)
    If you can get the backlight with a soft reset, that might strongly suggest the possibility of a 3rd party app going rogue.
  6.    #6  
    Well... I just did the hard reset and all seems to be well. I'm not sure why that happened... Hopefully I don't repeat what ever caused it!

Thanks,
    Jack
    I just started to have the same backlight problem! If the power shut off and I turn it back on again, the backlight is set to the lowest setting. It keeps happening! Somebody help?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Are those of you experiencing this problem using Spb GPRS Monitor? That prorgram caused this exact problem for me.
  9.    #9  
    I was not using the app you listed. I did the hard reset and all has been well since then!

Good luck... Jack
    This is a follow-up to my last post. The only way out of this backlit problem for me was to hard reset. It wasn't too bad since I only had my 700w for 2 days. I had all the pop mail settings and sync my outlook in less than 10 mins. But this sucks!
    Chewy, sorry to hear, mate. I have yet to experience such, and more importantly have yet to read such problem. Start, Settings, System, Backlight or Brightness. That is all you need to know in terms of adjusting such controls.

Hope this helps!

regards
    Quote Originally Posted by chewychiu
    I just started to have the same backlight problem! If the power shut off and I turn it back on again, the backlight is set to the lowest setting. It keeps happening! Somebody help?
    Try checking the backlight settings, if the "turn on backlight when a button is pressed..." unchecked?