1.    #1  
    I've tried 2 different kinds of stereo 2.5mm headsets but I'm only getting sound from one side. Anyone know whats wrong? Is there a setting on the device that will enable stereo mode that I don't know about?
    hmm, I have the same problem!! I thought it was my adapter. What's going on?
  3.    #3  
    i think i figured it out - after reading posts in another forum. I think it would work if we get the 2.5 to 3.5mm converter (and use a regular 3.5mm headset), but it won't work if we get a 2.5mm stereo headset that has a mic attached to it.

Apparently though, this only happens on the Treo 700 (maybe even 650?) cuz when I was at radio shack testing out the headsets the guy helping me out got his phone (forgot what it was) to work with both headsets and in stereo.
    Curious.

I'm using OEM stereo headsets with mics from my old 7135, XV6600. I also can use some cheapies I picked up on ebay/Boxwave/Javoedge. The latter merchants told me that it was necessary to pull out the connector a bit to get equal sound on both sides. It was a pleasant surprise to find that I didn't need to do that with my 700w.